The Projects List

General discussions, new info, and all stuff that's how you say, off the hook. Bit, ZZ, SE, MT, SS... as long as it's micro, it's here.
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

Sure, no sweats.

The SRM mod is based on the theory that if you boost power to the TX you _should_ be able to get greater range on the pissweak MS controllers. The thread for this mod is at tinyrc.com and also at ausmicro.com.

The multi freq mod is still in theory, getting data stage. I want to be able to make my TX's on their own freqs so not to conflict with other TX's when racing. There is a thread at ausmicro.com about it but this mod is sorta on hiatus until i can get my hands on a CRO. There is two possible ways I _think_ it can be done. 1) modify the RX circuit to decrease it's bandwdith (currenty at 8MHz, this can be seen on the TX freq's avail today @ 27Mhz, 35Mhz, 40Mhz, 45Mhz, 49Mhz, and 57Mhz) and make it more "selective" on what signals it recieves. Then moving the TX osc freq to somthing in between the freqs I just listed. 2) modify the osc on the TX2C and RX2C chipsets (the 220K resistor between pins 11&12 on the TX and pins 4&5 on the RX) so to send the L/R/Fwd/Rev commands on a different modulated freq. It's all still in brainfark stage at the 'mo and I don't know if it will even work.....

ph2t.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

damn ph2t!
that multi-channel controller would the bomb!
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

Well, I guess putting all this shit down gave me the incentive.

I just got done playing around with my IR modded Bit. I'll throw a full review up soon, but as it stands...It ain't worth the cost of the PCB and having to have a Digi-Q controller just to have no rat tail and propo speed (though I'm almost positive it puts out a SHITLOAD of current, will have to test to verify).

A wacked out thing is that if I use my Digi Propo-Special controller...The damned car turns right whenever hitting forward or reverse, though it might've been my wiring but it doesn't do that with the normal controller. So that SUCKS.

I'll give myself a little pat on the back though, I'm gettin pretty good with this micro-soldering business!

I also created an external Charge box, with easy hook up to my Peak Charger.

I actually got some shit done this weekend!...I'll post a link to some pics soon.