time trial/speed test crap

Mostly dealing with electronics and pcbs and modifying them, all the things that make electrical-engineers tick and the rest of us cringe in fear.
hogjowlz
bitPimp

time trial/speed test crap

Post by hogjowlz »

ok i was bored so i measured out 10 feet in my kitchen. this is a tight weave carpet(i hate carpet in the kitchen btw) but its a nice flat surface to do preliminary testing on. and i used a stopwatch that only goes to the 1/10th of a second so this isnt very scientific but close enough for first runs. and well i didnt bother to charge my ride up all the way cuz i figured that everything needs to be slightly inaccurate. so anyhow my first measurable run from 0 - 10feet was 2.1sec and well when it hit the railing thing it flew about another 3 feet but i wont count that extra distance.

i used a microsizer chassis with thundercharger wheels(wider) and tires. dual gp100 cells.teal gear ratio. suspension springs. pink clone motor(almost a year old). steel putty epoxy(ya i didnt use jbweld) in the rear end. 57mhz cyclona pcb. most of these parts have been recycled several times from car to car.

so 10/2.1 = 4.76190476 feet per second = 17,142.8571 feet per hour = 3.24675325 mph(thats an average rate from a stand still) x70 = 227.27mph

so i said if my average from a stop is 227mph what kinda speed am i doing towards the end? so i measured out 5feet and gave myself a 5foot head start and timed just the last 5 feet.

on a dying charge i got .7 sec so
5/.7 = 7.14285714 feet per second = 25,714.2857 feet per hour = 4.8mph x 70 = 340mph

so my next step is to a: do this on a better surface b: use a more accurate timer c: do this in a scale 1/4mile instead of 10feet. my goal is to defeat the sound barrier. to do that i feel im gona need to build a new car. i have the blueprints in my head and most of the parts so itl happen.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

I think it can happen too, you've got me thinking lol :???:
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

so i gota reach 761mph(scale) = 10.87real mph so if i give myself a longer running start and measure the last 5feet ill need to hit about .33 seconds. i may be able to hit .4 or .45 with the car i have now i think but the chassis has been slammed into several doors at these speeds and the heat sink clip is busted and jbwelded but she steers pretty well still.

i love destroying bits in the name of science