the Cop'ers Lights

Mostly dealing with electronics and pcbs and modifying them, all the things that make electrical-engineers tick and the rest of us cringe in fear.
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

yeah, do busy gettin' rid of the merchandise...... :crap:

ph2t.
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

Hey Nox how's this project progressing?
noxorc
bitPimp

Post by noxorc »

ph2t wrote:Hey Nox how's this project progressing?

I have been searching out stores for GOOD LEDs...but have struck out.
I now need to touch the OnLine sites...to see what they have...
I like to touch and feel things before I buy them...so, I've been only out local.

I'm ready for the list of good Online electronic stores.. that carry decent LEDs for a cheap price.

-nox
darkfrost

Post by darkfrost »

noxorc,

I dunno if this will help, but I work at a hardware store- and we just got this new type of christmas lights in (yea, that time already) , and they are made completely out of LEDs , theres like 50 on a string multi-coloured, and its about $8 CDN, and yes, theres red and blue on the string, I've already cracked a pack open, they are pretty small, and really bright :)
noxorc
bitPimp

Post by noxorc »

darkfrost wrote:noxorc,

I dunno if this will help, but I work at a hardware store- and we just got this new type of christmas lights in (yea, that time already) , and they are made completely out of LEDs , theres like 50 on a string multi-coloured, and its about $8 CDN, and yes, theres red and blue on the string, I've already cracked a pack open, they are pretty small, and really bright :)
Welcome DarkFrost.... welcome to da hood..

Bout these lites.....can ya show me a picture... I'd be interested in em, if the turn out to be what I'm lookin fur.

-nox

enjoy yourself here...
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

allelectronics?

ebay?
darkfrost

Post by darkfrost »

whoops... sorry guys, took me a while to follow up on this one

Heres a pic i took of one of the light sets i bought,

http://dfrost987.tripod.com/DSCF0041.JPG (you might have to copy the link into ur browsers)

blue, red, yellow and green, 3mm - 50 on a string, the casing comes off really easily. Once again, sorry about the super late-ness of this message.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

nice, do those led's just pop right in place?
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

Ok then, I've finally made some movement on this. As I stated earlier in this thread, the aussie cop lights sorta alternate and strobe as well.

So here's some photos of my prototype in all it's "spaghetti junction" beauty, lol.

Here's some video in divx format, view this to notice the strobe effect, the animated gif doesn't get this effect across as well. Also you can see in the video that I can vary the strobe rate of the lights which is also really cool!

http://www.prahranpianos.com/bit_g/copl ... _PROTO.AVI

And here's some pics:

More to come!

ph2t.
People are mean to you because you're a fucking idiot.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

that's friggin dope dude!
love the sequences it goes through, awesome
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
VooDooMafia
bitPimp

Post by VooDooMafia »

Keep us posted for sure on these lights dude :)
I Don't care what you say PIMPIN aint easy, you Broke A$$ Mother F*&Ker
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

Will do man. I will finalise the circuit shortly and then minaturise it! I gotta post the schematic for nox. Hey nox, you can use the 555 timer I sent you last time as part of this circuit.

ph2t.
noxorc
bitPimp

Post by noxorc »

Hope you change the POT over to something smaller...that is hugh.

cool beans.
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

10,000 miles away and we still think alike!

I was just surfing the web now and found these:

http://info.tactnet.co.jp/copal/e/produ ... st4_en.pdf

Their dimensions: 5.0 x 2.3 x 4.5mm Fricken small man! ;-)

I can get them from here www.rs-components.com.au for $2AUS each for min qty of 5.

Once I've finalised the schematic design I will then know how much space I have on the PCB. This will decide if I have this "feature" or not.

ph2t.
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

Hey nox, here's the circuit I've come up with. The lefthand side is your basic two transistor LED flasher. Instead of the LEDs going straight to the positive voltage rail, they are fed from the 555 timer circuit which gives them that strobe effect (basically a square wave generator).