Easy way to Dyno ZZs

Mostly dealing with electronics and pcbs and modifying them, all the things that make electrical-engineers tick and the rest of us cringe in fear.
cyborgzero
bitHood

Easy way to Dyno ZZs

Post by cyborgzero »

Okay, since almost all bits weigh very close, here is the idea:

1) take a board, and drive the ZZSE up the board at an incline
2) keep increasing the incline until the ZZ rear wheels stall or nearly stall
3) reduce the angle till the car starts moving again, and record the angle using a protractor
4) state what car, motor, gear ratio color, angle of incline, and what power mods you have

For example, for mine it would be
Enfini ZZSE
NEX purple motor
Red gears
35 degrees
CZT Mosfet Mod/H-bridge mod

This can actually be used to determine a power rating for the bit, since you know about how much the bit weighs and the incline and the fact that it stalls, so at the moment it stalls you know the amount of force through the vectors that is being applied due to gravity and you then know how much power it takes to make it stall, since at that point it must be equal the forces acting upon the car due to the incline and gravity and an actual wattage delivered to the wheels to keep the car at that static point and/or if we want a hp rating can be deduced. ;)

How is that for slick? :) Cheap and any person with HS physics can do the calculations, or maybe I will put up an excel sheet that will automatically do it.

Let me know what you all think.
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

nice work! that's a true way to rate the torque. i do something similar with an angled part of concrete in the yard, if it don't climb it (45 degree angle at the top) it's back to the workshop til it does.
i used to be cool
cyborgzero
bitHood

Post by cyborgzero »

LOL! Yah, its fairly repeatable and gives everyone some idea..

btw, you can just put nonskid on a board so that you have traction to go up a higher incline.

Rob