What type of battery...

Mostly dealing with electronics and pcbs and modifying them, all the things that make electrical-engineers tick and the rest of us cringe in fear.
99skyline
bitHood

What type of battery...

Post by 99skyline »

What type of battery do you use for your Zip Zap? Right now i just have the stock one. I heard if you take either 3 or 4 LR44s and put them they work but im not sure. Also, how many volts can a regular Zip Zap take? I have tried searching on here and another site but i can'[t seem to find the answer.
My Zip Zaps:
2005 Bonspeed Mustang GT
2000 Honda S2000
1999 Nissan Skyline
2004 Hummer H2 SUT
1970 Dodge Challenger
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Re: What type of battery...

Post by Maxximum Attack »

99skyline wrote:What type of battery do you use for your Zip Zap? Right now i just have the stock one. I heard if you take either 3 or 4 LR44s and put them they work but im not sure. Also, how many volts can a regular Zip Zap take? I have tried searching on here and another site but i can'[t seem to find the answer.
try looking in the bit/zip section. I'm sure this info is in there.
99skyline
bitHood

Post by 99skyline »

ok, thanks.
My Zip Zaps:
2005 Bonspeed Mustang GT
2000 Honda S2000
1999 Nissan Skyline
2004 Hummer H2 SUT
1970 Dodge Challenger
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

I've stated numerous times my preferences in batteries so I'm sure that info is out there somewhere. The stock one is usually fine, unless you want more mah, but I get a 15-20 minute runtime off a 40mah Tomy cell, when I give it a good 3 minute charge, so I don't see that being an issue.

I'm not familiar with are LR44s, can you describe them?

I have heard that they can take 5v, then I've heard 7v. I heard one guy at TinyRC back in the day that slowly cranked up the voltage, and it didn't fry the board until it hit 12v. I would stay in the 5-6v range to be on the safe side.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
99skyline
bitHood

Post by 99skyline »

Thanks for all of that of information especially the last paragraph.

The LR44 battery is used in watches. They are round and cylinder. Kind of a smooshed cylinder though.

I'm looking for a lot of speed. Even if the runtime is only 5 minutes, if the runtime is shorter than 5 minutes then im not doing that. (If that made any sense.)
My Zip Zaps:
2005 Bonspeed Mustang GT
2000 Honda S2000
1999 Nissan Skyline
2004 Hummer H2 SUT
1970 Dodge Challenger
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

They are used in watches? So they are not rechargeble? That could get expensive. There are rechargeble button cells out there. It was reffered to as the "Laymans Tricell Mod" at TinyRC. There was these cordless phone batteries, that when you pulled shrink wrap off, they contained 6 button cells, you could place 3 of them in place of the stock battery.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
99skyline
bitHood

Post by 99skyline »

Yeah, I'm not quite sure but they said they last for a long time and work real good but I don't know, I've only got 2 stock Zip Zap batteries.
My Zip Zaps:
2005 Bonspeed Mustang GT
2000 Honda S2000
1999 Nissan Skyline
2004 Hummer H2 SUT
1970 Dodge Challenger
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

99skyline wrote:Yeah, I'm not quite sure but they said they last for a long time and work real good but I don't know, I've only got 2 stock Zip Zap batteries.
Nah boss, watch batteries are bad, I tried that mod a long time ago, the car was really slow. Watch batteries have a very low discharge rate and would not give the car the unch that you would like. I suggest doing an easy dual-cell mod. I think cabowabo made a tut for it, you'll get a nice jump in performance.