Need opinions on FM 75mhz recievers.

Mostly dealing with electronics and pcbs and modifying them, all the things that make electrical-engineers tick and the rest of us cringe in fear.
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Need opinions on FM 75mhz recievers.

Post by ibjamn »

At the last LHS swap meet, I scored a Jr XR3i with a R135 reciever for 40 bucks. I wanted to use it for my brushless Pede, Revo(if I can get it running again soon), my Vendetta, and maybe a couple of small projects.(also,micro-T, maybe?) :-o
And I really don't want to keep transferring the receiver from one vehicle to another.

I have seen that I could get a Novak XXL, but is hard to find since it's discontinued. And I could use the Extra (synthesized, and dial in the freq. that the Tx has in it).

I've kept an eye out on fleebay for the Jr recievers, but they keep going higher than I'd like to spend.

I didn't know these were hard to get ahold of. :shock:
Besides all that, I would like to use one in my TLT build I'm trying to work on.So, one of them might get wet (even though I'll take precations to not get it wet.)

And I've seen a dealer in the Bay stores section for GWS stuff.

Any other options out there? I do know I need to stick with a Rx that is + shift, so only a few that I do know of.

My question is really about GWS's pico recievers..... are they worth it?
I see some of you guys use their servos in smaller applications. So the price seems resonable, but I'd like to get info from the people who I can relate to, being it's use is for 1/18, 1/24, and possibly 1/32nd. And I would like to know if the servos still get adequate power through such a small Rx.

Thanks
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

I'm an idiot. I thought I had another hour..... :puter:

Jr recievers

I wonder if I'll ever find that deal again. :-?
Wesley
bitPlaya'

Post by Wesley »

sorry to hear that..

You know, i'd have thought that Fm75mhz would have picked up lots of interference.. especially from radios& cars, etc..
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

not quite. my 75mhz FM setup has been rock solid. Mind you, I run an Airtronics MX-3 and a jr receiver. I get no glitching and my wire runs are closer than what most people have.
Wesley
bitPlaya'

Post by Wesley »

niice.. wouldn't have thought it mind..

I'll keep my eye out.. :-o
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Wesley wrote:sorry to hear that..

You know, i'd have thought that Fm75mhz would have picked up lots of interference.. especially from radios& cars, etc..
I'm just curious why you would have thought that. :???:

FM is usually pretty reliable as a general rule. AM radios are the ones that have problems with interference from cars and radios, particularly 27mhz. To the best of my understanding anyways.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Wesley
bitPlaya'

Post by Wesley »

crazydave wrote:I'm just curious why you would have thought that. :???:
Heh.. one of my moments I guess.. :lol:

We haven't done much on frequencies, etc. at school..
It's pretty lame here :(
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

I use the JR XS3 Pro, and use the JR RS310 micro RXs in all my trucks.

Love em. JR makes great stuff. The JR9000S servo is the fuckin bomb. Damn it's blazing fast. It whips the wheels on my LRM like nobodys business....lol

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein