S-2000 Metallic Red Racer

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Cool car CBB... Is it still taped up? Love that green...Mmmmm greeeeen.

silla
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
custombitbodys
bitThug

Post by custombitbodys »

no tape.. its a shen body. so the windows arent clear. i painted the whole car silver befor green.. the green is a clear metallic. the pic really dosent do justice to the color.. but the paint is still a bit rough.. i wanna do flames on it. white flames on the front fading to a yellow flame, or whte flames with yellow tips.. the windows i think i might leave silver... but i havent decided yet..o might just cut them out all together, maybe put in a piece of lexan for the windshield, and nets in the side windows..
bodys for sale. ferari 250 gto, Micro Cooper, lemans 320i turbo, . plus many more email me: custombitbodys@comcast.net
http://custombitbodys.home.comcast.net
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

good idea custombitbodys!
now I just need to find the right material that's thin and won't let the glue bleed through or disfigure once dried.

love that color of green too yo, schaweet!
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
custombitbodys
bitThug

Post by custombitbodys »

i used a old t-shirt. and put a bead of super g on one side, let it dry and then stretched it to the otherside where i had another bead.. and just worked my way around... then i just cut with an xacto knife..

i almost wonder how it would look if you used some nylons...
bodys for sale. ferari 250 gto, Micro Cooper, lemans 320i turbo, . plus many more email me: custombitbodys@comcast.net
noxorc
bitPimp

Post by noxorc »

great idea....

kinda looks like a mop-top (ya know, a wigg)

but serious, great idea.
custombitbodys
bitThug

Post by custombitbodys »

oh yea. once i had it glued all around the sides i saturated the middle too.. that way there was no chance of it coming up when painting it...
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

Like the detailing Cabo! Very Pro!

DarkTari
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

you guys are both some good paintin mu-fa-kus
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

Does anyone remember the "Krinkle" finish paint?

I used to use it detailing my engines back in the day. That would be perfect for a converable top.

There also used to be a "Velvet" paint on the market, don't know about now though, I'll have to check it out.

I just used Rubber Bumper paint on my convertable top. It's very close, but not quite flat, it's flexible and resists chipping. Looks real cool!

CB Body's cloth is too thick! A nice piece of silk or nylon will do the trick, just use a fabric adhesive so it doesn't bleed thru. Felt and velvet would look good but are too thick also.

DarkTari
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

thanks fellas

man, good ideas.
the rubber bumper paint and velvet paint... gonna have to keep my eyes peeled, could be interesting.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

i dont wana sound like a broken record. well yes i i i i i i i i i do.
jbweld would probably work very well for a fake convertible top.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

LMAO
stop it

one day, you're going to run into something where you can't use JBWeld, then where will you be? lol

that'll be your x-mas gift from the pimps, an entire skid of JB Weld - that should keep you happy for a week or two. lol
custombitbodys
bitThug

Post by custombitbodys »

how bout using paint and flocking for a convertable top.. that will give it that fuzzy feel and look..
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

haha im serious. it drys to a nice smooth almost gloss finish. its durable as well. if you want a cloth look well gaffers tape is perfect since it is already cloth and doesnt need paint. its pretty thin an conforms to curved surfaces to!!
custombitbodys
bitThug

Post by custombitbodys »

im a duct tape man. im convinced you can do anything with it. it too would also make a good convertable top?