Detailing the chassis...

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
crazydave
bitPimp

Detailing the chassis...

Post by crazydave »

Custom painted my PCB cover. Now I'm representin' even when the body's off.

It really spices the chassis up. I'm thinking of painting the whole chassis Charcoal, so it'll have a nice custom car look.

Be even cooler if I get some decal paper, and make little pinstripes to put in the corners and stuff.

...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Stoli
bitPimp

Post by Stoli »

Tthats pretty phat Pimp.

how did ya do it? Just masked and prayed?
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

phat flames like always crazydave! :wink:
I like the added touch.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
mpbiv
bitHood

Post by mpbiv »

Thats sweet!

Was thinking the other day it would be cool to make a little driver and navigator helmets and glue them to the cover to make the cars look like someone is driving. Would look good in my Lancer Evo :)
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

well i commend you on the nice flame job but i see no use for a pcb cover in the first place.
Buzzbait
bitThug

Post by Buzzbait »

mpbiv wrote:Thats sweet!

Was thinking the other day it would be cool to make a little driver and navigator helmets and glue them to the cover to make the cars look like someone is driving. Would look good in my Lancer Evo :)
I did that this weekend, to a Toyota bB. I used the driver from some special edition HotWheels. The car came with a dude inside, and a whole pit crew outside. I ended up using just the driver and steering wheel. I tried to use the seats and all, but it was just too tight a squeeze.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Stoli wrote:Tthats pretty phat Pimp.

how did ya do it? Just masked and prayed?
I layed the Blue fade on the White, then masked and sprayed the Charcoal
hogjowls wrote:well i commend you on the nice flame job but i see no use for a pcb cover in the first place.
90% of my cars are held together with tape, I wanted to build a dual cell sleeper, and the cover is hiding the goods.

See the idea here is to trick the competition into thinking that I'm so busy detailing, that I couldn't possibly have anything going on under the hood. Of course that's pretending I had freinds to use as competition. :wink:

I decided to go ahead and paint the chassis. I've got nothing else to do today, so I'll keep you guys updated with pics.

I masked the internals, and areas where there will be moving parts making contact. I sanded it down so the paint will stick, but mostly to remove my super glue blobs. I also took out the "Made in China" while I was at it. After the time I put into it, I say it's Made in USA now!

I'm painting right now, so more shots soon.
crazydave's Gallery
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

righto.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

It's not that drastic of a color change, it's mostly just metallic, but I'm having trouble capturing the metallic in pictures. This one is the best I can do, and it sorta just looks dusty, but trust me it looks good.

I also painted some parts blue to accent it.

I'll give a couple hours to dry thoroughly, and try to get it together to get pics before sunset. i need to take pictures in the sun to show off the metallic, or it just looks black. Charcoal is basically like an extra metallic black.
crazydave's Gallery
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

well as long as everything still works fine when you put it back together i say dope job dave.
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

dont forget the most important mod.

crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Yeah I was going to try that since, as you might see I cut out the tube that was holding it in.

Probably should have done that before I painted, but oh well I have more paint.
crazydave's Gallery
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

just remember to shove something between the chassis and the gear. and remember to keep running it while the stuff dries. i suggest getting jb kwik since its done in under 20mins.

and once its dry it takes about a week to get to the point where it runs like a precision machine. keep working it in and lubing it.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Before I post the finished pics I want to show what it looked like a couple weeks ago, before it burned.

Tri-cell Beast:

Now here's my dual cell booster, back from the dead, all painted up. I swapped rims with my other Zip Zap so I could sport the muscle car rims.

crazydave's Gallery
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

killer man, now that's attention to detail, even the steering adjuster! good job dude.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.