Custom Built 1932 Ford Roadster (AKA Purple Haze)

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
Bart
bitThug

Custom Built 1932 Ford Roadster (AKA Purple Haze)

Post by Bart »

Thought I would post my ride in here too.

I'll Just post the pics. Someone asked what Kind of body I used. And this thing really was built custom. I got the Fenders off of a 1/43 scale cheapy hot rod (obviously I had to chop and resize them to make them fit. Then I got the Trunk part from a 1993 red Macdonald's cadillac hotwheels car. The side doors are plastic with putty over top sanded down. Roll bars are putty too. There are two small metal parts. The rim around the window is metal and so is the rim around the grill. The wheels are from a D-rod. And use the method on described on this forum. For the front wheels you may notice that they're not drilled through. Big secret there is that I put the pin in the other wayand glued the inside of the wheel making sure the wheels still spin. And the Interior actually has real leather and real carpet. AS for extending the Chassis I got that Idea from Sat4life I believe. I just made a clean cut down the chassis right after the charging terminals and glued the PCB end to end with the Chassis Parts. Then glued plastic for the sides puttied over and sanded it smooth. as for the matching homie, I actually had the car painted purple then went out and hit the candy machines and bought a homie. Turns out he was going to be the Purple Tennis shoepimp. I was like holy shit is that lucky.

Yes I did talk a lot about this ride. So I had to try to walk the walk. This being my first Mod and my only Bit. I was scared shitless to try anything. In the end this forum and everyone who is part of it gave me the confidence to do all the mods that I did. I tried to pull of a mod that would be at least somewhat comparable to your guys first mods.

Anyhow this post has been Way to long. Once again I would just like to say Thanks to everyone for being such a big help
Bart

P.S Ill try to get pics of the Chassis. I didnt think of getting one at the time, now i gotta get a hold of a Digi cam again.. but I will try to get a pic of it
Bart
Pimpin Customz
Established July 27 2006
chrome
bitNinja

Post by chrome »

I've gotta see chassis pics. You made that thing look just like a diecast!

Later,
Chrome...
Intelligence is knowing what you don't know.
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

looks awsome :-o
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

chrome wrote:I've gotta see chassis pics. You made that thing look just like a diecast!

Later,
Chrome...
:-)

and here's me thinking you were breaking our balls for a measly paintjob! i take back all my horrible thoughts! :lol:
i used to be cool
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

chrome wrote:I've gotta see chassis pics. You made that thing look just like a diecast!
Me too. :???:

A little curious how you fit the chassis under the body.
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

I've got the feeling there's either not much chassis left, or he's gone semi-monococue on us.

The "engine" is sitting right on top of the steering box, so I'm not sure it looks like it's really able to have a seperate body/chassis. The cowl just ahead of the windshield also shares a very strong resemblance to the front of the "tub"...

I wanna see some WIP (work in progress) pics.
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
45tr0
bitNinja

Post by 45tr0 »

hehe, that engine trick looks strangely familiar. :-)

I love the detail on the back end there man, that is one area i was never happy with on mine. you really pulled it off!

I also love the new-school windscreen and roll bar combination, it gives it a much more modern flavour.

Bart, this ride has to be one of the biggest surprises of the comp. you got skills, well done dude!
"You guys are Wack"
"Wiggity Wack?"
"Nope, just regular kind"
Bart
bitThug

Post by Bart »

I've gotta see chassis pics. You made that thing look just like a diecast!
Me too.

A little curious how you fit the chassis under the body.
I've got the feeling there's either not much chassis left, or he's gone semi-monococue on us.
I wanna see some WIP (work in progress) pics.
Aright guys I swear to God this thing has a full chassis and works. I don't have any WIP pics but will get a pic of the chassis. It looks like a normal chassis but 1.5cm longer with PCB in the bottom. The day I took pics the car wasn't working and i wasn't going to enter, but i found that the problem was just connection to the motor. I would not mod my only micro RC and not make it work....
Bart
Bart
Pimpin Customz
Established July 27 2006
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

Bart wrote:
Aright guys I swear to God this thing has a full chassis and works. I don't have any WIP pics but will get a pic of the chassis. It looks like a normal chassis but 1.5cm longer with PCB in the bottom. The day I took pics the car wasn't working and i wasn't going to enter, but i found that the problem was just connection to the motor. I would not mod my only micro RC and not make it work....
Bart
Bart, I don’t think anyone (at this point) is questioning your integrity or that you did build this car. We are all curious how it was built we can kind of tell by the pictures were some things are but it leads to more questions. All we are asking is that you show some chassis pics and give us some details we are all curious Heck I would like to know where you stuck the antenna? And I am curious about other things too and I think a chassis shot would explain how you built it.

That’s what we do here if we really like something we want to know how it was built and we share the knowledge. :-o
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
Bart
bitThug

Post by Bart »

Hey everyone thanks for the comments. 45tr0 Glad you like it you got me inspired to do it. I was also thinking of putting working lights too but ran out of time :o

SWG.....The antenna is neatly tucked into the chassis too

So I Just found out that I will be able to borrow a Digicam from a buddy for today or tomorrow so Chassis shots are coming.

What Kind of shots you guys want? Bottom, top...let me know. If not Ill just take a few..
Bart
Pimpin Customz
Established July 27 2006
chrome
bitNinja

Post by chrome »

Lots of angles! Particularly the front end. I wasn't saying you didn't build it. I was commenting on how well you made it look just like a diecast (smooth paint, scale, great craftsman ship all around).

Later,
Chrome...
Intelligence is knowing what you don't know.
Bart
bitThug

Post by Bart »

It's all good chrome :-o Ill take pics of the chassis with body beside. Front as in the engine cover?
Bart
Pimpin Customz
Established July 27 2006

Post by ~=K3V1N=~ »

oohhh nicee!
FEE FEE. O.O
Bart
bitThug

Post by Bart »

I think I know where you guys might be saying "What the fuck".

Is it the front fenders?
Bart
Pimpin Customz
Established July 27 2006
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

I think your a fraud. :-)