Radio Shaq Vette

Want to talk about micro boats or micro planes? How about trains, slot cars or submarines? Well you can do it all right here. If it's another hobby and it doesn't fit in one of our other forums, then it goes here.
DarkTari
bitPimp

Radio Shaq Vette

Post by DarkTari »

I went to Radio Shaq tonight to get the 2F2F power set (2.8 & 3.4) and saw this 50th Ann. Corvette on the shelf, 1/43 scale, just over 6", proportional steering & gas. Man this thing, on the carpet , starting at full trottle would just turn dounuts. Freakin fast as shit! the store wasn't quite long enough to get it up to full speed. Next time you're in RS, you gotta check this baby out. A Viper is due soon.....

Oh Yeah, and that ZZ 2.8 is fast, but the 3.4 is the shit! Can't wait to dual it!

http://qa.radioshack.com/product.asp?ca ... =60%2D4343
Last edited by DarkTari on Fri Jun 27, 2003 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
esp rocker

Post by esp rocker »

so do you think its worth the 50 bucks? looks pretty cool, I just don't know if its worth buying
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

esp rocker wrote:so do you think its worth the 50 bucks? looks pretty cool, I just don't know if its worth buying
It could be Big Fun though you'd need a lot of room to have it.
Would I buy it? Nah! The price will drop then I'll see.....

But it's fast as hell man, damn!
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

I tried one of these out before, and it was way cool. I wasn't haveing problems with donuts upon launching, but I was able to break the back end free, and pitch the rear end around through corners, and that was on the grippy carpet, thing would probably go mad on the tile.

They had a 1/43 Viper last year that also sold for $50, they cleared them out for $12.99 after Christamas, so I'm going to wait the Corvette out and see if it goes on clearance too. It's a risk, but I'm willing to take it.

They also have working turn signals, and hazard lights you control from the controller.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
maximan
bitThug
Location: toys r us exchanging ms pros boards for thunder charger boards

Post by maximan »

i was thinking about buying one when me and my friend were playing with them their was a bump in the carpet and we kept jumping them and we got thrown out of the store because one broke the body cracked when we were racing part of the store was tile and all the thing did was spin out and drift it was :-D
if you can't see my car now wait until i hit the boost botton
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

crazydave wrote:I tried one of these out before, and it was way cool. I wasn't haveing problems with donuts upon launching, but I was able to break the back end free, and pitch the rear end around through corners, and that was on the grippy carpet, thing would probably go mad on the tile.

They had a 1/43 Viper last year that also sold for $50, they cleared them out for $12.99 after Christamas, so I'm going to wait the Corvette out and see if it goes on clearance too. It's a risk, but I'm willing to take it.

They also have working turn signals, and hazard lights you control from the controller.
Yeah, I forgot about the signals, left,right, hazzard, headlights (parking)
That was one of the cool things about it. $12.99 ??? See, I'd been pissed if I paid $49.99 for that Mutha>
midget_man1387
midgetPimp

Post by midget_man1387 »

shit did u say it ran off gas in your first post DT or did I misread?
dabigpig
bitGangsta'

Post by dabigpig »

nope you misread it. it's electric it has propo forward slowly drive or drive fast.
if you post it... i've probably seen it...
-^-_-^
midget_man1387
midgetPimp

Post by midget_man1387 »

oh ok.... I think I want one of these anyways.... they seem like they'd be good for the price....
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

midget_man1387 wrote:shit did u say it ran off gas in your first post DT or did I misread?
Easily mistaken, I should've said Propo Accel & Steering.
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

midget_man1387 wrote:oh ok.... I think I want one of these anyways.... they seem like they'd be good for the price....
Hell Nah Mang, not when CaveyDave said he saw them last year Xmas being cleared for $12.99 ????? I'll wait it out.......
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

DarkTari wrote:
midget_man1387 wrote:oh ok.... I think I want one of these anyways.... they seem like they'd be good for the price....
Hell Nah Mang, not when CaveyDave said he saw them last year Xmas being cleared for $12.99 ????? I'll wait it out.......
At first I thought you typo'ed my name, but then I remembered my last post in the Mug shots thread, and realized you must've read that. :lol:

But yeah here's The Thread At TRC where someone was saying the got theirs for $11.99. I found another thread when looking for this one where people where getting them for $29.99. At any rate I never pay full price for anything (except electric components and Zip Zap stuff) because their strategy has always been charge way too much, then blow it out after Christmas. I realized that one year when my Dad bought my a 100 watt tuner amp for almost $400 bucks, and then I saw it a couple weeks later being blown out for a $100.

Never understood why my dad loved RS and TRS-80s so much.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"