Hmmmm, Iwaver board in SSMT?

Want to talk about micro boats or micro planes? How about trains, slot cars or submarines? Well you can do it all right here. If it's another hobby and it doesn't fit in one of our other forums, then it goes here.
viperdout
bitGangsta'

Hmmmm, Iwaver board in SSMT?

Post by viperdout »

The only problem is that THERE'S NO POSITIVE POWER WIRE. Plans are for an HS55 (buying this weekend) and a 2s kokam 145 pack that's getting ordered tonight (fits like a glove). Anyway, anyone have a wiring diagram so I know where to solder the power wire on?
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

this pcb has had the fets removed, but the red wires going to the top right are +
i used to be cool
viperdout
bitGangsta'

Post by viperdout »

betty.k wrote:this pcb has had the fets removed, but the red wires going to the top right are +
Betty, does it also touch the exposed gold?
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

if you mean the motor terminal with the black screw in it then no. the + solder tab on the pcb is pretty small. have a close look on yours and you will probably find a bit of broken wire on the pcb in that place.
i used to be cool
viperdout
bitGangsta'

Post by viperdout »

betty.k wrote:if you mean the motor terminal with the black screw in it then no. the + solder tab on the pcb is pretty small. have a close look on yours and you will probably find a bit of broken wire on the pcb in that place.
No, I mean the one directly to the left of it when the screws are pointed away from you
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

i have no idea what you mean now. but there's only 1 V+ solder tab on the pcb. don't bridge it to anything.
i used to be cool
viperdout
bitGangsta'

Post by viperdout »

betty.k wrote:i have no idea what you mean now. but there's only 1 V+ solder tab on the pcb. don't bridge it to anything.
Ah, I see why you don't. My circuit board looks different than that. Is it possible that the IW01 and 02 boards differ from the 04?
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

there could be a difference. that's an old iw01 pcb i bought when they first hit about 9 months ago. came with the clear kt2 tx copy.
i used to be cool
viperdout
bitGangsta'

Post by viperdout »

betty.k wrote:there could be a difference. that's an old iw01 pcb i bought when they first hit about 9 months ago. came with the clear kt2 tx copy.
Well, I emailled Toy East and they're sending me a new one free. they are awesome. It's my first purchase there, and it won't be my last.
HirotoR34
bitPimp

Post by HirotoR34 »

Agreed. I've ordered a bunch of stuff from them and they have always taken good care of me. It's good to see others out there that like TE.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

HirotoR34 wrote:Agreed. I've ordered a bunch of stuff from them and they have always taken good care of me. It's good to see others out there that like TE.
I'll go ahead and 3rd that. TE has never done me wrong, and when I ordered my 04 nine days before Xmas, it got here in 7. I'm still boggled how stuff can get here from China faster than most of my domestic orders.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
viperdout
bitGangsta'

Post by viperdout »

crazydave wrote:
HirotoR34 wrote:Agreed. I've ordered a bunch of stuff from them and they have always taken good care of me. It's good to see others out there that like TE.
I'll go ahead and 3rd that. TE has never done me wrong, and when I ordered my 04 nine days before Xmas, it got here in 7. I'm still boggled how stuff can get here from China faster than most of my domestic orders.
LOL, same here. I was expecting 2 weeks for it to get here, and it took 1 week. TE has a new loyal buyer.