2 Brushless Xmods...

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Xmods line of RCs goes here.
viperdout
bitGangsta'

2 Brushless Xmods...

Post by viperdout »

2 of the 4 existing brushless xmods in the world. The one with the muscle rims is someone else's with Brickmodder's adatper circuit and is at my house for repairs (the problem has nothing to do with Brick's circuit).
Mrv9292
bitHood

Post by Mrv9292 »

wow you must be rich :-D two brushless xmods :eek: that must be 400 bucks!
crusty
bitPlaya'

Post by crusty »

got any vids?
those things must fly :eek:
ImageImageImage
backdrift
bitGangsta'

Post by backdrift »

lol.. read guys, ones not his... And im sure you all have seen his car? which is the one on the right
viperdout
bitGangsta'

Post by viperdout »

Yeah, one's here for servicing (turns out the li-pos were overdischarged by the owner or the charger wasn't cutting the mustard). I only wish I owned both. Here's a vid of mine breaking the xmod 0-60 record on a speedchecker: http://www.rcpics.net/view_single.php?medid=49562
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

OK umm I saw the vid 3 times, still don't get it. Does it go 0-60 so fast that nothing happens? :lol:
Suck My Bits
:twisted:©2005 Finks fucked your girlfriend in highschool inc
Stoli
bitPimp

Post by Stoli »

if you watch the dyno it says 100 for a brief moment.

Also if you READ the bottom he explains everything about the numbers in there.
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

Ahh, didn't see the explanation below, just clicked the link. That being said, I think just to see this power in action it would be nice to see a vid of this ride on the road. Nice work Viper.
Suck My Bits
:twisted:©2005 Finks fucked your girlfriend in highschool inc
viperdout
bitGangsta'

Post by viperdout »

Finks wrote:Ahh, didn't see the explanation below, just clicked the link. That being said, I think just to see this power in action it would be nice to see a vid of this ride on the road. Nice work Viper.
That will be very soon, just in a school hallway, not on the road. A cop's coming into our health class for the next 2 days, so I'm gonna ask him if he's willing to bring a radar gun and be there at lunch (he has to see classes he needs to visit before and after lunch anyway).
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

good stuff viper, it would be cool to get some vid. sounds like youv'e got it all sorted!

cheers,
ph2t.
People are mean to you because you're a fucking idiot.
viperdout
bitGangsta'

Post by viperdout »

ph2t wrote:good stuff viper, it would be cool to get some vid. sounds like youv'e got it all sorted!

cheers,
ph2t.
Finally. There are still a few problems, but 1 of them cannot be fixed. It ran for the first time on the street tonight, and I was getting the rearend loose at 30 with no more than 1/3 throttle.

As Ezra Dyer wrote in this month's Automobile about the SL65's tires, "They're not just bringing a knife to a gunfight, they're bringing a pair of left-handed safety scissors to a nuclear war." :lol:
micromatch
bitGangsta'

Post by micromatch »

try gettin some Loctite for those bolts (rearend) i dont know where to obtain it, hence i got it from a freind that works harley davidson

-micro
is this thing on?
viperdout
bitGangsta'

Post by viperdout »

Well, bad news: it won't be running for a little bit. It managed to destroy the bevel AGAIN.
trekbikedude
bitThug

What Servo?

Post by trekbikedude »

Mind my ignorance but I would like to put hobby grade electronics in my evo. What servo/reciever did you use? I am thinking of using an associated quantam in my evo. But I am not sure how to configure the servo to make it steer properly. Xmods seem to make a good rolling chassis when they are all gpm'd up.
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Re: What Servo?

Post by honda_s2000 »

trekbikedude wrote:Mind my ignorance but I would like to put hobby grade electronics in my evo. What servo/reciever did you use? I am thinking of using an associated quantam in my evo. But I am not sure how to configure the servo to make it steer properly. Xmods seem to make a good rolling chassis when they are all gpm'd up.
Can I dig up a 2 year old thread too ? :?
We don't need no god damn roads!