TeamMNM SS Motor Review

Only topics reviewing or comparing tools, toys, etc. as well as resources such as parts lists, etc.
Tuner1989
bitNinja

TeamMNM SS Motor Review

Post by Tuner1989 »

Lets See if Teammnm Can hold up to the standards set by their last review

(SS) Speed Stream Motor Review

Packaging + Shipping: Once again Teammnm outdoes them self. The motor arrives in a strong small cardboard box and if that isn’t enough the motor is in a fitted foam holder wrapped in bubble wrap.

The test subject :

- Kyosho Mini-z Monster

Upgrades

- Lipoly battery
- 1/18'th Electronics
- Gpm assorted pieces
- Bearings
- Custom alloy pinion
- Alloy wheels

The Testing Grounds:

Teammnm (SS) Speed Stream Motor

Specs

-26 Turn pattern wound armature with long Spiral Armature
-Special pattern wound design (Spiral Armature)
-Silver FAT Commutator
-Enamel wire dia. (.40)mm
-High quality Silver Coated Neo Magnets
-(EGR Ball Bearing Motor With 2 Large Venting Holes
-High Performance carbon Brushes
-104 motor capacitor

Assembley: Once I slip the motor out of the packaging I can tell it was put together with care. From the can assembly to the soldering job on the caps. I pop open the motor to inspect the inside, its exactly as described and assembled very well, the hand winds are very well done!

Installation: Easy as pie. The motor comes with some caps already installed this makes installation even easier than before! One thing you do want to do with these high power motors though is break them in. Easy as pie, just hook it up to 2 AAA's to spin the motor in the forward direction for your 1/28'th. This ensures the brushes sit on the comm. nicely and you get all the power you deserve. After that just solder on the motor wires from you esc and pop the sucker in!

Acceleration: Insane! Here’s the part that blew my mind, even with a huge alloy pinion, saying this motor had more than enough power to pull the front wheels off the ground is an understatement. In fact when I accelerated quickly the motor actually sent the monster in a violent back flip where it would then hit the roof and bounce back onto all 4 wheels. I actually had to take the wheelie bar off because it became useless!

Top speed: Here’s the issue, with all the torque this motor is feeding to the Monster, will it be able to attain a high top speed? No doubt about it! I was smiling like a child who just woke up on Christmas when I watched this motor push my MZM to insane speeds down my street. I actually found my self filled with fear and joy. Fear once I reached the 75% and up throttle stage of the monster launching into space. Also joy when I saw it zoom by.
When Teammnm advertises insane top speeds they do nothing short of delivering that promise.

Dyno results:

"Coming Soon"

Final thoughts: There is no doubt that this motor is exactly what it advertises. This just became one of my favorite "Hot" 1/28 modified motors. When you see the name "Speed Stream" Watch out because that is exactly what you get when you pop it into your rc and press the throttle.

To no surprise Teammnm's SS motor receives a overall product score of.
10/10

www.Teammnm.net

Videos:

Acceleration: http://media.putfile.com/SS-Motor-TestMZM-Backflip

Speed Pass: http://media.putfile.com/MZM-SS-Speed-Pass

Street Run/MZM Death: http://media.putfile.com/MZM-Death
Last edited by Tuner1989 on Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Clint
bitPimp

Post by Clint »

.80mm is thick. Lord only knows how he pulls off 26 turns of it.

:eek:
Tuner1989
bitNinja

Post by Tuner1989 »

Updated With New Vids