Painting Help....

Got a question about painting or decals? Using an air brush or rattle cans? Wanna learn how to paint flames and take a good picture of it? It's all in here.
ChopShop

Painting Help....

Post by ChopShop »

Ok me being the n00b I am I didn't fully cover the windows on my first job. Now I am stuck with a $h!t job and paint here and there on the windows. So my question is what should i use for getting paint off the windows? I have been using and x-acto knife and a little brute force.

Thanx in advance for any help
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

try aerosol insect repellant. yes really!! works a treat. and if you completely stuff it up just paint the windows black :disturbed:
i used to be cool
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Great tips betty... You can also use a Q-Tip with just a bit of cotton left on the tip dipped in paint thinner.. Carefully go around the edges.

Hope this helps..

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
ChopShop

Post by ChopShop »

Thanx to both of you I will be shure to try them.

Betty sounds like you used it before where did you get it from??
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

in oz we have a product called 'aeroguard'. it's just regular insect repellent, like 'rid'. you get it anywhere, supermarkets, that sort of thing. a friend in the cleaning biz told me that one. she uses it to get graffiti off 1/1 cars. i've never had to try it, but i've heard of people doing it with bcg shells successfully :disturbed:
i used to be cool
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

I've beeen having a really bad habit of forgetting to mask the insides of my windows lately. What I do is sand it off with some fine grit sand paper, and then lay a heavy clear coat on it, which will make it transparent again.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

That's a good point about the clearcoat fixing up transparent plastic after it's been "worked" with thinners and whatnot. I've used wooden toothpicks with the tips soaked in thinner. The wood is sturdy, but won't scratch the plastic. Future floor polish works great as a clearcoat to restore clarity in clear plastic.