How paint can help you win the race

Got a question about painting or decals? Using an air brush or rattle cans? Wanna learn how to paint flames and take a good picture of it? It's all in here.
crazydave
bitPimp

How paint can help you win the race

Post by crazydave »

Right off the bat I bet you're think I'm being sarcastic, but no, it's true.

Paint jobs like flame jobs, that are light in the front and darker in back can help you see what direction you car is going, at a glance. Also it should be easy to see whether if your racing on a light or dark surface.

Check out the professional RC racers, notice how they all use paint schemes that are lighter in front than the back (or vice versa, but usually lighter in front), and bright, easy to see colors. I'm telling ya, it helps. ;)
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

dave, you and i should have a baby together! :eek:
(i did not draw that, image search)

i totally agree with you on that one. it's the reason i painted my track iwavers flouro yellow. anything that goes fast should have an easily identifiable contrasting paint scheme.
i used to be cool
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

Yea I kind of remember this theory from back in the 80's.
It is true to a degree.
I think it really started with the indoor pan cars.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
backdrift
bitGangsta'

Post by backdrift »

This is a pretty good trick..