Some new bodies to play with....

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
sat4life27
bitPimp

Some new bodies to play with....

Post by sat4life27 »

Picked up the Acura bodies today and was shocked at how high they sat on the chassis. So I broke out the blade and file and slot lowered them both. Working on getting the lights back in but for now here is whats up.

I also got the 2f2f Skyline, S2000, Yenko, Challenger, and the Corvettes. So I have plenty of new projects to begin.
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

Are those sitting on SE chassis? Either way good luck, when I went and lowered my Integra was it ever a project. Kept the stock lights and underglow, as well as a lot of putty work to fix up those fucked pannel lines and large wheel wells. Hands down my best SE tho.
Suck My Bits
:twisted:©2005 Finks fucked your girlfriend in highschool inc
sat4life27
bitPimp

Post by sat4life27 »

They are both on SE chassis. It took trimming out all the little things inside holding the lights in, and a little on the wheelwells. I believe I have enough room to put the lights a pcb in. Just have to use thinner wires. Your Integra looks really good Finks.
LBRC
bitGangsta'

Post by LBRC »

Looks like there should be plenty of room if you can move the CB forward just a bit. They look a little big next to boddies that should be bigger.
evoraptor
bitNinja

Post by evoraptor »

uh... how come that black box on the SE dont hit? when i lowered my GT i had to remove the rear window and lights in order to get it even moderately low(not as low as yours) anyways good job sat4life27
stagg
bitGangsta'

Post by stagg »

evoraptor wrote:uh... how come that black box on the SE dont hit? when i lowered my GT i had to remove the rear window and lights in order to get it even moderately low(not as low as yours) anyways good job sat4life27
Few things, Body's matter, and the Nice Rim's on this car, make it look eve MORE lowered then it actually is, which makes it look awsome.
LBRC
bitGangsta'

Post by LBRC »

Those wheels look great, but even without the wheels that Acura is really low.
This is what I meant by moving the CB forward.
sat4life27
bitPimp

Post by sat4life27 »

Thanks LB, It looks like it will be a very tight fit but it should work. Give it a shot and post back when I am done.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

Sorry to go completely OT here, but...
God: "Hello Osama?"
Osama: "Yes God"
God: "Osama.. did you hear about the tsunami?"
Osama: "Yes"
God: "Beat that..."
That's a pretty funny sig stagg.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
sat4life27
bitPimp

Post by sat4life27 »

I had to do something with the wheels so I was at walmart today and the new series of import racers are in. So I got one for the new wheels and installed them like DT and CD was talking about in another thread (sanding them down to fit the stock hubs like hubcaps). Turned out pretty good I do think.

Still haven't got the lights back in but will do that next.
LBRC
bitGangsta'

Post by LBRC »

Sat you’re awesome, I just finished lowering the RSX and was trying to figure out what to do about the wheels, and bang just what I needed since I wanted to keep the wide rear tires but get rid of the center axle hole. Am off to Wally’s, thanks.

P.S. If it looks like I’m shamelessly copying what Sat is doing thats because I am. I’m building 6 modified G-4 LiPo SE’s for a new track and need all the inspiration I can find.
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

LBRC wrote:Image
Do ZZ controllers come with xmod swappies? I really don't know. But those little things really bring out the custom work pimp :-o .

Sat, paint that mutha in purple. Nice and shiny 8-) .
sat4life27
bitPimp

Post by sat4life27 »

Shame on you LB...j/k Lookin good as always my man, to bad we live on different coasts. It will be cool to race our cars together.

I went ahead and did the same thing for the Integra. I used the little black spacers that came on the import racer for the back wheels to push them out the sit flush with the wheel wells. Now for some decals....

Here it is with some sponser decals...

Last edited by sat4life27 on Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
evoraptor
bitNinja

Post by evoraptor »

yea, it does seem that the GT does have less room than some of the other cars and i couldnt move the board forward because it was already touching the window. the black box is through the window now and the dubs really do help =] nice job
sat4life27
bitPimp

Post by sat4life27 »

Just picked up a Lancer today and modded some Import Racer wheels for it as well. Tab lowered the front 1mm and slot lowered the back 1mm. Tinted the windows also.