Paint and humidity....

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Paint and humidity....

Post by honda_s2000 »

Hey guys, just a quick question for you.

I live in a place, that's pretty much a rainforest (classed as one anyway) and it's always really damp, most of the year round. At the highest, it can hit 95% humidity.

I'm having trouble painting, my paint gets a white film over the top (i'm using enamel spray paint) and the paint dry's pretty flat.

So im wondering does anybody know if it is the damp that's affecting my paint ? I allways bring it inside to dry, and it's sprayed in my shed.

Thanks in advance :cool:
We don't need no god damn roads!
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

Once you find the sweet spot, dampness should only affect the drying times.
St. Louis gets very humid as well, 100% at times actually, mostly in the summer.
That white film sounds like over-spray. Or at least that's when I've noticed it the most.
I'd try laying thinner coats of paint, that should help.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
guerd87
bitPlaya'

Post by guerd87 »

are you talking as in spray painting with spray gun/compressor?

if so how many water traps are you running? here in Brisbane,QLD when we paint cars in our shed we run 4 inline water traps and its great

if its to do with spray cans, got no idea :???:
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

CaboWabo wrote:Once you find the sweet spot, dampness should only affect the drying times.
St. Louis gets very humid as well, 100% at times actually, mostly in the summer.
That white film sounds like over-spray. Or at least that's when I've noticed it the most.
I'd try laying thinner coats of paint, that should help.
I agree with CW if you are painting to thick it will go white on ya. Also Clear coat will do this if you spray it on to thick. Make sure the first coat goes on thin and dries compleatly.
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics: