midget's tuber build

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up electric offroad RCs.
midget_man1387
midgetPimp

midget's tuber build

Post by midget_man1387 »

Well I have decided to build another rig... This time a strict crawler. designed by me in ACAD, 3/16" steel brakeline bent and tack welded by my dad. It will be brazed and powdercoated later. Obviously it isn't finished, but it's a start. Let me know what you think.

here's the design:
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

Thats a great start on a tuber! Looks like your father can make some nice bends and welds. What color are you powdered coating it?

I've been looking to build something I can get powder coated for free from my fathers work, he can get it done in red or black.
1000+ post of BS.
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

Sweet.
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Very nice!! :-o

I've been liking the tubers more and more. But I think I'm going to build a "super" this winter. Maybe a tuber super. :???:
midget_man1387
midgetPimp

Post by midget_man1387 »

SHAUN wrote:Thats a great start on a tuber! Looks like your father can make some nice bends and welds. What color are you powdered coating it?

I've been looking to build something I can get powder coated for free from my fathers work, he can get it done in red or black.
yeah my dad can build some sweet things, he's the reason I want to be a mechanical engineer too!

I'm not sure what color we're powdercoating it. We're doing it ourselves because my dad has the powdercoater and we have an oven at my work! We've powdercoated multiple parts for his '56 Truck. Not sure what color yet. We've got a few choices!! :-o
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

That's great that you and your dad are working on that together. My dad died when I was right in the middle of assembling my first kit, that I couldn't wait to share with him. So now I feel like my dad is always with me when I work on RCs, but I really wish we really could have done something together like what you're doing. :-o
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
supergroup_crawler
bitThug

Post by supergroup_crawler »

Nice man!
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

I can't get my dad into R/C stuff. But slot cars is something we both enjoy , it gets a little competitive on the track sometimes :twisted:
1000+ post of BS.