Check out my track

Images of tracks, arenas, and racing surfaces for RCs. Got a track to show off? Do it here.
Yagbols
bitGangsta'

Post by Yagbols »

I measured it, and its 3.5 feet x 6.5 feet....not 8 feet x 4.....heeheehe. I'll take some shots of it folded and when its almost done....in the meantime, my officemates are having a blast taking on the track....Im glad you guys like it too....
Trackmaster

Plastic corrugated board

Post by Trackmaster »

Yagbols:

Where do I find the plastic corrugated board you used for the corners? I think they look excellent and seem to be very easy to adjust to fit the track.
Please inform.

/Trackmaster
From Sweden, new to this forum
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

Welcome to our newest pimp Trackmaster - good to see you've made it over. :wink:
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
Yagbols
bitGangsta'

Re: Plastic corrugated board

Post by Yagbols »

Trackmaster wrote:Yagbols:

Where do I find the plastic corrugated board you used for the corners? I think they look excellent and seem to be very easy to adjust to fit the track.
Please inform.

/Trackmaster
From Sweden, new to this forum
Try asking your friendly neighborhood art supply store, I got mine in a bookstore where they have all sorts of art material....here's a tip: if you plan on using that, make sure to cut the material lengthwise.....to where the lines in the board are going to....(i think me needs a pic here) so that when you bend the board, it wont fold. (me thinks again a tutorial would be of help here) hehehehe....anyway, goodluck on your track! :D
Trackmaster

Post by Trackmaster »

I´ve been to some different stores, art supply stores and others and found...zilch!
Have you trimmed the barriers or do they look like that from the start? What is the material intended to be used for originally?

I hope you can assist me in filling the gaps, I´d really like to get hold of those barriers.

/Trackmaster
Yagbols
bitGangsta'

Post by Yagbols »

I guess i was pretty lucky to find that material...anyway, what barrier are you refferring to? the railings? Basically the materials i used for the whole setup are the following: Felt paper, Foam board(thats the black material i used for the roads, and i used that too for the straights railings) currogated plastic for the curves, computer printouts for the graphics, gluegun....thats it! and some imagination....maybe i should come up with a tutorial?
Trackmaster

Post by Trackmaster »

I´m referring to the currogated plastic for the curves.
You said you got it at a bookstore, but what´s the purpose for that material originally? Where´s it to be used? :?

A tutorial isn´t that important as long as one can get hold of the material in use.

/Trackmaster
Yagbols
bitGangsta'

Post by Yagbols »

The purpose? well I guess its made for constructing boxes. I dont know really....heres a link maybe this can spare you the misery of trying to find out where to get it.....
http://www.kivaplastics.com/corrugated_plastic.asp
Trackmaster

Post by Trackmaster »

Someone here just opened my eyes :oops:
The borders I´m looking for are just...decals!
I suppose you´ve printed out the railings and stuck them to the plastic board.
I thought they were looking that great from the start, all made up from plastic, but I´ve come to realize that´s not the case.

Thanks for the effort of trying to help out, I will get back with pix from my upcoming track. The track will have to be finished within 2 weeks, since I´m gonna participate in a carshow here in Sweden then with the track and a load of cars.

/Trackmaster
noxorc
bitPimp

Post by noxorc »

sounds interesting..

can you post pics of the carshow when its through.

-nox
Yagbols
bitGangsta'

Post by Yagbols »

Trackmaster wrote:Someone here just opened my eyes :oops:
The borders I´m looking for are just...decals!
I suppose you´ve printed out the railings and stuck them to the plastic board.
I thought they were looking that great from the start, all made up from plastic, but I´ve come to realize that´s not the case.

Thanks for the effort of trying to help out, I will get back with pix from my upcoming track. The track will have to be finished within 2 weeks, since I´m gonna participate in a carshow here in Sweden then with the track and a load of cars.

/Trackmaster
Glad to be of help to you cause trackmasta! I printed out the railings and stuck em to the plastic board with spray adhesive....(like i said, a little imagination my friend) :wink:

Hope to see the pics soon!!!
warmaster259
bitPlaya'

Post by warmaster259 »

that is one hell of a sweet lookin' track man
Zip Zap Pro

Post by Zip Zap Pro »

What was it u use for the sand trap?
Zip Zaps Starter Kit: $19.99
2Fast 2Furious Upgrade Kit: $12.99
Seeing my friends face when my Zip Zap beats his ZCar: Priceless!
There some things clones can't do, for everything else, there's Zip Zaps!
Yagbols
bitGangsta'

Post by Yagbols »

thanks warmaster :grin:

ZZP, thats textured board that i used...it really works like a gravel trap, coz its "corrugated" so the cars tend to slow down when they hit that part of the circuit. :lol:
Ziet`

Post by Ziet` »

nice, wat are the sides/rails made out of?
-Ziet`

[trU daT]