Cheap offroad bits

General discussions, new info, and all stuff that's how you say, off the hook. Bit, ZZ, SE, MT, SS... as long as it's micro, it's here.
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

Sporttracguy wrote:cool but if you run the controller with 3 cells will it fry anything?
I've got a 9volt in an og zz controller and it's still working. (it was supposed to have helped with range issues but never really did.) You could also just bypass the controller all together and make a "travel charger". Follow superfly's parts list, remove the charging base from the controller and wire it to the 9volt cap thinger's leads. :-)
MASTER of the Harmless CHAOS!!!1!
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

well tonight i started working on one of these buggers and i must say they have alot of potential. I removed the charge plug from the floor and stuffed two cells in there. I then mounted a yellow zzmt motor and geared it down a bit(only slightly, i used a blue gear but i may try and mount a zzmt gear in there instead) Then i put another steering spring in there to tighten the steering up and installed a solid antenna. Then i ground down alot of the useless plastic on the underside and mounted the charger on the inside of the back window with a small hole through the back window to stick the charger plug through.

Next im going to try and cut the truck into 3 pieces, (front, middle, and rear) and make a custom overland style suspension for this(just as soon as i find some really soft springs)

until then this thing spanks the stock truck, it has lots of torque for climbing and good all around speed as well,,,im quite happy with how its turning out.

also, because of the extra cell i had to modify the charger/remote. I took it apart and wired in another AA cell that i mounted on the back of the charger and it works great.. ill try and get some pics a little later

stg

Edit:

I FOUND THE SHOCKS OF MY DREAMS!

Went to the local hobby shop today and i found a set of very soft shocks that are PERFECT! They are for use on the off road slot cars and look like they will work nicely on my overland style bit. Time to get to work

STG
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

Took your 3 batt remote idea, and took it a bit farther...

Not the cleanest, but I didn't know what would have to be modified in the remote. It fits with what'll be this trucks theme Git R Done.

Truck/wagon has: ZZ-M Yellow motor, 7 tooth pinion, 6 tooth idler, ZZ blue drive gear, ATV rims and tires, dual cell, raised ground clearance, charge port relocated to center of rear window. Soon to have springs and some rear suspension or articulation (undecided).

Having the second battery helps steering SO much. ZZ motor and tall gearing make good blend of torque and speed. Looks like it'll be more of a mudder than a crawler without more gearing changes. ** It just took a dive off my keyboard to floor; popped motor free and knocked off wire from charging contact.
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
North_Shore_Racer

Post by North_Shore_Racer »

ya i saw these the other day and i picked up 2 then i was sitting there thinking wut i could do with it after my brother got mad at me for summin i didnt do and threw it across the room...pretty much ruinec CEPT!!! i took the wheels and put em on my zz with onlys some small mods to make the backwheels spin free it works great asa carpet runner and can easily still race on the hardwood. so i really liked the idea and its a great idea if u have a broenken one of these and you are bored.

John
WASTELANDER
bitHood

Post by WASTELANDER »

GReatr work on all the mods guy's there looking great would it be worth me getting one and modding it HAH :???:
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

WASTELANDER wrote:GReatr work on all the mods guy's there looking great would it be worth me getting one and modding it HAH :???:
Ok you really pushed it , a thread from 2005 ? What are you thinking you dickhead :?
We don't need no god damn roads!
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

WASTELANDER wrote:GReatr work on all the mods guy's there looking great would it be worth me getting one and modding it HAH :???:
Please read the date on the tread and with saying that, I doubt you'll be getting one of these since the tread is a year old :?

welcome to Da Hood :-(
Tuner1989
bitNinja

Post by Tuner1989 »

My local walgreens still has one or 2 of the trucks and loads of the cars. :-o

And there still on cleanout price 3 for 12 bucks or somthing like that.
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

Nice, a bump after 11 months of inactivity!

Good luck finding any of these at Walgreens....

:???: Ok, everybody go check your walgreens!
Last edited by frizzen on Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
-
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

Frizzen - If you'd care to sell/trade that blue truck, hit me with a pm :-o
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

*BUMP*

I was going to post a teaser pic, make everybody drool a bit, then tell the truth... but I needed "admin approval" for the pic I uploaded to be placed? **EDIT: Cabo PM'd me, pics are fixed now. See below.***

So, um, until I can have access to that pic on here, all I'm saying is go to Walgreens. You'll be happy.
Last edited by frizzen on Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

frizzen wrote: So, um, until I can have access to that pic on here, all I'm saying is go to Walgreen's. You'll be happy.
Spill the beans mother fucker! :ak:

:lol: haha.

I'll keep my eyes open then :-o
Dangerous Dave
bitHood

Post by Dangerous Dave »

it's actually good for me when an old thread gets dug up - I've done heaps of trawling through this site, but there's SO much info that most of it never sees daylight again.

Never heard of/seen these before - now I want one (two?? three?? etc)
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

Alright, fine.

Walgreens has brought the Charg-N-Go back again for Giftmas. The same bodies on MonsterBit truck and wagon. Couple normal type clones (lancer, civic wagon...). Shoebox Chevy is back. Some weird ass stunt-car looking thing in an Oval Bullet I didn't look at too hard. I dunno, I stopped looking when I saw the monsterbits.

The MonsterBit Truck has a new paint scheme for this year.
--These pics taken after I'd opened up the wheelwells, relocated the rollbar forward, and removed the stuff that kills ground clearance.

$5.99 each. 3 for $11.98. Plus tax.

Oh yeah, build quality seems about the same. The stud on bottom that holds screw for truck onto pedistal has been redesigned, though it's not too much harder to remove, and it still does NOT leave a hole in the bottom of the chassis. Other than those points, everything appears to be exactly the same. But guess ya can't expect too much for a $4 - $6 clone. They're available again, GO BUY ONE. :eek:
Last edited by frizzen on Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-
Dangerous Dave
bitHood

monster Bits

Post by Dangerous Dave »

ok - anyone Stateside care to put some up on ebay or sumfin so we Aussies etc can get them?????