S.S. SG Woody Now with Video!! 6-17-04

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
sg219
bitPimp

S.S. SG Woody Now with Video!! 6-17-04

Post by sg219 »

All right here is my other contest entry, but on this one I need to show off the craftsmanship!! :cool:

Here it is.......from the beginning.

I started with a plain plastic boat from the thrift store that I bought for 35cents. I would have a pic of it, but I didn't think of doing a report till after I tore it apart.

The first setup for glueing.

Getting the bottom complete.

The inside at the beginning.

The comparasion shot. A NKOK boat and 2 bits.

The beginning of the staining process and the product that I used.

The electronics installation and placement.

I have to take more pics of the top mounts and the inside where they are mounted. The top is held on by three interior mounts that a Brass paper clip is passed thru to hold it in place.

The top deck is sealed with a thin gasket made from silicon spread thinnly between wax paper then cut to fit.

A final shot.

The boat is coated with a gloss coat and motor compartment is sealed with super glue and silicon.

The top deck has a hatch on it. Underneath it in the switch and chargeing plug connector. It is not sealed, just held closed with a moving arm.

The bottom of the top deck is reinforced with a zig-zag pattern of wood.

The wood used for the sides, mounts, and door trim, is balsa. The bottom and top flat surfaces are basswood. For the initial mounting of all surface covering wood, I used a wood glue. The trim, mounts, supports, and rear motor area, I used super glue.

The electronics are from a NKOK boat.

I started this project the day after the contest was announced!! Finished it last night. :eek:

Hope you enjoy. :-)
Last edited by sg219 on Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

holy crap brother!!! thats dope.
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

@ Hog>>Thank you! :-)

Now I need a place to go boatin'. The kitchen sink worked great for a testing ground, but I need a pool to stretch out and shoot some vid. :cool:
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

out on the point dude. meet me outside @8. bring a net in case it gets out of range.
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

hogjowlz wrote:out on the point dude. meet me outside @8. bring a net in case it gets out of range.
I don't think I want my boat in that water. The Lock Ness Monster or other fish that are jealous of it, might eat it because it looks sooooo good!
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

Man, that came out sweet! I'm glad you finally lifted the veil of secrecy... after having seen it last week I was having a hard time keeping it to myself. I suck at keeping secrets lol... except mine. I gotta get my ass in gear, I'm kinda on schedule with my stuff, but would like to give myself a little leeway just in case something unforseen happens.

That really does look like one of them old-school mahogany boats, though.... pimpy fresh. Good shit, for sure.
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Bird wrote:........I'm kinda on schedule with my stuff, but would like to give myself a little leeway just in case something unforseen happens.....
I agree. I took the boat to work the other day to show someone, and I dropped it!! I was sooo pissed. I broke the front support and the door. But I fixed it with no problem, better than the original setup. :grin:

Plus, my other contest entry got F***ed-up by some Dupli-color crap, they call paint!! :bs: :finger:

I still got to get back on track with that. I don't know how to fix it. The paint F'ed it up pretty good.
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

Pretty freakin nice 219. :-)
MASTER of the Harmless CHAOS!!!1!
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

that's slick as snot on a door knob in july lol
really, that's pretty damn cool man, I'm impressed.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
viperdout
bitGangsta'

Post by viperdout »

Sweet!
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

shiver me timbers!!! aaaargh!! :-)
i used to be cool
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

brilliant work man, very original and very creative. :grin:

what is the mechanics of the drivetrain in that boat? the motors housed in those little torpeedo like things? I take it steering is controlled by changing the balance of thrust on each turbine?

cheers,

ph2t.
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

its the guts of an nkok boat.
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

@ Everyone>>>Thanks, I appreciate it! :-) :cool:

I spent many hot nights locked in my tiny room without AC, but with many COLD BEERS and a buzz working on this.

Yes it is the guts of an NKOK boat. The original starter boat was a plain floater. No RC, or anything.

I still need to take some pics of the gasket, mounts, and the access door for the switch and charging plug.
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

word dude inspirin me to finish up my boat. i just went through a buncha sandpaper.