One of the dopest wheel mods...

Tutorials, tips, and tricks by pimps. Learn how to make it go faster, roll smoother, and more in here.
kwikbb
bitPimp

One of the dopest wheel mods...

Post by kwikbb »

I just turned my 'Drift Axel' (which is pretty useless to begin with) into a 'Drag Axel' using the new Tomy 'Pullbacks'! Man this thing is damn cool! It wasn't difficult at all really, it's just like any other 'wheel mod'. So without further ado, a small tutorial;

To do it correctly you should really have a dremel or some kind of rotary tool. Reason being is that 'Bit/MS' axel is too long when the 'New' wheels are put on... it needs about an 1/8th of an inch to be shaved off so that there won't be any play when it's attached to the chassis. When I had put the wheels on the axel for a mock test, I noticed that the 'Bit/MS' axel was thinner than the 'Pullback' axel . To remedy this I wrapped the ends of the 'Bit/MS' axel with 'Plumbers sealing tape' to make a snug fit before gluing them on. Glue the new wheels to the axel, give it time to dry (I gave it about 12hrs.) hook it up and have FUN!

For pics go to http://www.tinyrc.com/forums/showthread ... #post66678 *need to scroll up a bit to see my 'Pimped-Out R32' w/ drag axel!
:rockon:
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Holy schizzle... Those wheels and rims look like the alloy ones from germany. Are you gonna put some on the front tires as well? I wanna get some pullbacks, but I'm kinda shopping around. Got any advice as to where to go? Also, how are the tires? sticky? or hard? I'm guessing that the handling is totally improved..(less peel outs)

The Skyline looks dope too. We'll have to battle one of these days...lol

silla
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

whoa! momma said knock you out!
that is a pimp ride, and those wheels and rims are the bombastic!

Those are frickin' awesome, as far as I'm concerned, visually, those rims / tires are the only tires to use for a 'race car' looking bit.

Sweet man, sweet.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
kwikbb
bitPimp

Post by kwikbb »

payaso wrote:Are you gonna put some on the front tires as well?
Unfotunately a slip of the wrist caused a physical injury to the poor babys :cry:... they'll pull through, but it aint gonna be pretty.
payaso wrote:I wanna get some pullbacks, but I'm kinda shopping around. Got any advice as to where to go? Also, how are the tires? sticky? or hard? I'm guessing that the handling is totally improved..(less peel outs)

The Skyline looks dope too. We'll have to battle one of these days...lol

silla
I picked up the R32 and R34 at www.hlj.com, for like $3.50ea *dirt cheap.
The tires themselves are Really Sticky, and no peel-outs at all.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

$3.50 is really cheap... Do they get ya on the S/H

As long as I don't pay more than $9.00 each shipped I'm cool with that. Thanks for the info...
I must have these little gems

silla

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
kwikbb
bitPimp

Post by kwikbb »

My last order consisted of:
2 pullbacks
1 Taiyo Radi-Can
1 Foan tires for Epoch
1 front spring set Epoch

and the UPS Overnite shipping was about $7-$9 bucks. I guess he does bulk shipping to the US, so it's cheap!
MythosGR
bitHood

Post by MythosGR »

Well I've also done the rear pullback wheel mod...
and now I want to put rear pullback wheels in the front but:

-I'm afread that I might have too much traction which means crapy turning radius
-The bigger(=wider) rims might make the steering more difficult for the weak steering system/magnet....

What you think about it?

Specially payaso that has the german rims should now...
And if payaso could post some pics and info about the wheel mod it would have been awesome!
please!
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

Hi MythosGR - welcome aboard!

While you are correct, payaso can school us both on this subject - I'll try and offer my 2 cents.

I think you can combat the traction problem with different tire compounds (i.e. soft / hard).
The steering part of it, I remember hearing something about "rare-earth magnets" - that's going to be strong enough to move them I think. The other concern I would think of is clearance (do you go clearance clarence? sorry, couldn't resist), when turning, or with different body styles on, are the tires going to rub anywhere?

and that's my $0.02 (USD) that's worth just about ($0.00)

:)
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

MythosGR wrote:Specially payaso that has the german rims should now...
And if payaso could post some pics and info about the wheel mod it would have been awesome!
please!
Of course I will. I'd just like to start by saying Welcome, and thanks for stoppin by the bitPimps crib. It's great to see new members

The only problems I had with installation on the alloy rims is the body of the car. The wheel wells are too narrow to have a good turning radius. This is easily fixable with a X-acto knife. Just trim out the wheel wells a little bit, and check the clearence often so you don't trim too much and end up with a car that looks like poop...lol

I couldn't ask for a better running car. It turns equally in both directions, and tracks straight as an arrow.. Pics and a full how-to coming soon..

I still gotta try those pullback rims. They look so good... 8)

silla

MythosGR
bitHood

Post by MythosGR »

Thanks for the welcome!And great site by the way...Really great

About the pullback wheels just one suggestion...TRY THEM!

(I now have in my hands 7 Pullbacks! 3 ae86,2 R32 and 2 2000 GTR...I love them great bodies and great rims+tires)

The tires are so soft that I almost destroyed one when I removed the wheel from the axle...Sticks like glue...
(That's beacuase the pullback is hella fast...Really!)

Just Drag them with your bit!
kwikbb
bitPimp

Post by kwikbb »

MythosGR wrote:I now have in my hands 7 Pullbacks! 3 ae86,2 R32 and 2 2000 GTR...I love them great bodies and great rims+tires
oh your making me so envious saying you have 3 86's :cry: :lol:
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

I gotta get these things.. Too bad they don't sell em locally yet. I guess I'm gonna have to get em online. Man I'm so impatient when it come to the mail..

Hey kwik, that avatar's straight bustin...

silla

kwikbb
bitPimp

Post by kwikbb »

payaso wrote:I gotta get these things.. Too bad they don't sell em locally yet. I guess I'm gonna have to get em online. Man I'm so impatient when it come to the mail..

silla
Thanks loc

word
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

payaso wrote:I gotta get these things.. Too bad they don't sell em locally yet. I guess I'm gonna have to get em online. Man I'm so impatient when it come to the mail..

silla
yea kwik, dats lookin' like Don The Archbishop Magic Juan style straight pimpin' hos with the mad skills on the flava' tip style fo' sho!

I'm not sure I even understand all that one :)
I have to consult the schizzlenator.
kwikbb
bitPimp

Post by kwikbb »

CaboWabo wrote:yea kwik, dats lookin' like Don The Archbishop Magic Juan style straight pimpin' hos with the mad skills on the flava' tip style fo' sho!
I gots ta reprezent!
CaboWabo wrote:I'm not sure I even understand all that one :)
I have to consult the schizzlenator.
lol... It's all good!