offroad accessories

Getting bad reception? Got questions about motors, gears, and batteries? Learn how to make it go faster, roll smoother, and more in here.
betty.k
bitPimp

offroad accessories

Post by betty.k »

hey there you there, it's me here :-) now that my se's sorted out i decided to give it the monster treatment, just gotta sort out the shell and i'd like to run 3.6V through it eventually. i shaved some material off the knuckle mounts and got more travel outta the suspension and replaced the stock springs with some softer ones.

i also made a couple of cool looking skid pans out of the metal cover from a 1.4mb floppy. whatever you use make sure it isn't magnetically attractive or your steering will be useless. i used quality superglue to attach them, so far so good......

WARNING!!!

the following images may be disturbing to some viewers, namely people that get upset when they discover a scratch on their precious shells!

i used to be cool
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Nice work on the skid plates!

I wanted to make some like that, but didn't have anything laying around I could use. What did you use?
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
leonli17

Post by leonli17 »

just use cut out pieces of alluminium cans or the floopy disk.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

I jusr saw in his post where he says he used a floppy disk. that's good idea, I'm gonna be using some of that.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

whoa - that's slick betty - excellent idea with the floppy disc.
totally cool you're doing this to an SE too, off roading with propo - gotta be cool.
I wonder, how much dirt will get up in that steering gear? will it cause problems?
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

yeah i'll have to make a little cover for the rack and pinion but so far so good. i haven't really given it hell in the dirt yet, i'm sure i'll have the odd problem in dry dusty conditions but it's the price you pay for taking these things out of their intended environment.
i used to be cool
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

more fun with aluminium from floppy disks! made a simple air scoop that directs airflow straight onto the motor cos them fets really warm things up!:smoking:
i used to be cool
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

another excellent idea.
how does that front bumper work out?

this ferrari's top has seen more road than the wheels lol
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
Mini RC Man
bitThug

Post by Mini RC Man »

Betty k your cars are friggin awsome!
Last edited by Mini RC Man on Fri Mar 26, 2004 9:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
Sup yall!
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

how does that front bumper work out?
they're really bashed up now, exactly what i wanted! :eek: but they're doing they're job well, thats the part that hits the ground off the jumps most and they haven't come off or even loosened yet. it grips the concrete though as opposed to the plastic so the car tends to tumble when the skid pan contacts the ground but not enough to cause problems.
this ferrari's top has seen more road than the wheels lol
:-D that's actually true! i put new tyres on about a week ago! :lol:
i used to be cool
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

this pic will answer your question cabo,
i used to be cool
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

damn man, those things took a beating.
you're gonna have to move to a stronger metal soon! :grin: