my monster v. 3

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
midget_man1387
midgetPimp

my monster v. 3

Post by midget_man1387 »

Aiight guys, at my local drug store, I found some cheap clones for 8.99... They have everything imaginable...
in oval domes, they've got f1 cars, motorcycles, and these trucks.. Then, in circle domes, they gots your usual stuff... actually, I take that back.. they dont... they gots ferraris i think and w/e darkman's car was... I think I may pick one of those up later...

Anyway, here are a few shots i took before i started ripping these apart... btw, the yellow is already busted.. somethin up with the steering(it has a dual cell too)...

First few pics are of the yellow truck, stock

this thing has got weird charging terminals

single cell

and now some pics of my best-made monster... first pic just shows the dual cell. that was back with the tires stock... in later pics, you'll see that i changed them, so now it handles better.

for the tires, since the thing flipped at full speed, I new i need to extend them a bit. so, after playing around, I found that the small size bit tires fit inside of these, and that they can then be put on the rims like that. Unfortunately, I couldn't find two junky sets of small tires that were exactly the same, but i got similar ones... anyway, here's the last few pics... I'm sure I'll end up doin something to one of the bodies, cuz I got two now...

oh yeah, I also added full underbody skid plates and dual motors...

and lastly, an action shot

I hope i didn't post too many pics... just tell me and i'll try and get less or w/e

thanks!
synj
bitGangsta'

Post by synj »

:eek: More pics More pics!
and about the pics... at least you didnt make a new post for every one :)
your learning! :smile:
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

those are pretty sweet. 9bucks? maybe we will have to come out and kick your ass.
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Nice job on the truck!! The way the tires are look a little weird, but still very nice. :cool:

Video!!<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Sdog
bitPimp

Post by Sdog »

Sweet find....is that drug store a chain by any chance?
BOURBON TIME OUT!
midget_man1387
midgetPimp

Post by midget_man1387 »

I'm pretty sure you guys have all heard of Drug Marts, right? That's where I got them.... I could talk to my rents and see if they'd let me ship them out to you guys, but honestly, I'm not sure that they're worth it, unless you wanna do mods to them... they do come with 120 mAh nimh's tho(just one), but the motors are hard wired and suck...they are advertised as 1.0's, so unless you got a hardwired motor, I wouldn't really reccomend them.

As far as the video is concerned, my camera doesn't take vids, but I could see if my friend would let borrow his... :???: Oh, and to those of you who have monster bits.... do they drift easily? cuz mine does :)

and one more thing... that white shit i'm drivin on and thats all over my tyres is flour(great surface if you have no soft dirt around!)
midget_man1387
midgetPimp

Post by midget_man1387 »

god!!! fuckin bitch ass shit lickin whore! I'm SO pissed off!!! for some odd reason, who knows why, my car wouldn't steer to the left. I figured, ok, I always mess with this so i prolly snapped a steering wire... easy fix. so i go and investigate, and find nothing.. nothin at all broken, nothin fucked up or nothin wrong... so i decide, aiight, I might as well just resolder the steering wires in case one is stripped and not makin good contact. So i resolder the two wires to their designated spot(the other two were PERFECT so i knew it wasn't them). So I go and try and test it out and... nothing. No steering either way, and get this, no motor power either! So i check every wire, nothin wrong again. I put it on the charger to make sure its charged... nothing.. and to make matters worse, upon my investigation of the battery wires, i saw a steering wire busted.. I look around to find another, thinkin it busted in the middle, but didn't find one. it turns out, it broke all the way back at the coil.. now i don't know what to do! All the connections are fine, and i still get no power! And now i am prolly gonna have to make a coil transplant as well...anyway i can fix the coil problem at least?
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

nice work midge! :-) can't wait for better weather down here so's i can run mine some more. but those battery terminals poking into the pcb worry me, just asking for a short i think.
i used to be cool
midget_man1387
midgetPimp

Post by midget_man1387 »

yes, that was also a concern to me... thats why I put that piece of electrical tape in between :-)