Runnin' room

Images of tracks, arenas, and racing surfaces for RCs. Got a track to show off? Do it here.
sg219
bitPimp

Runnin' room

Post by sg219 »

I bought some foam mats a few weeks ago and only had the chance to set them up once. That was over Bird's crib one night.

I finally had some empty house time to see what kind of set-up I could get.

I bought 3 packs of these mats at Wally World for $17.76 a pack. Each pack has 6 - 2'x2' squares.

I have 18.

Here's what I threw down real quick. I wish the doorway was about 3 inches wider so I can put in a center gaurdrail and level the track as it comes thru the doorway.

This is what I came up with. I wish I more time without people everywhere.

Now I just need someone to race on it with. :-(
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Those things are kick ass man.. I want some too.

Aren't those the mats that the rawhide dude was using to get to know kids like jacko?

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

payaso wrote:Aren't those the mats that the rawhide dude was using to get to know kids like jacko?

silla :D
Yup, you can iron them and they get all stiff and hard I want to have sex with little boys come to my treehouse want some free epocs and man love?
Suck My Bits
:twisted:©2005 Finks fucked your girlfriend in highschool inc
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Finks wrote:Yup, you can iron them and they get all stiff and hard I want to have sex with little boys come to my treehouse want some free epocs and man love?
Is that an offer? :???:

:lol:

Ya, they're the same mats. But I didn't do any stupid shit to them. :cool:
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

I stand by them mats fully. :-)
I've been using them for almost 2 years now and still love the grip they provide. I see you got some edges with yours though. :sad:
I'm in the same situation as you 219. No free space in this apt to setup something permanant but that's what makes these mats fuckin great. :-)
MASTER of the Harmless CHAOS!!!1!
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Damn, I can't wait to get back out of this house. I was on my own for over 10 years. I miss MY floors. :-(
mikirgra
bitThug

Post by mikirgra »

payaso wrote:Those things are kick ass man.. I want some too.

Aren't those the mats that the rawhide dude was using to get to know kids like jacko?
Gotta take a stand for the Banzai man. He's done some killer stuff with these mats and shared the know-how. Check out his stuff at Rip7. His tracks made with these mats look professional.
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

Yeah I saw that work. Inspiring, made me want to give up my man love verginity to him.... The dude makes killer tracks no doubt, but MJ was a great singer and dancer......
Suck My Bits
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

Finks wrote:Yeah I saw that work. Inspiring, made me want to give up my man love verginity to him.... The dude makes killer tracks no doubt, but MJ was a great singer and dancer......
You sir couldn't be more right on.

If I was to build a permanent track I wouldn't be using these mats and ironing them and whatever rawhide/banzai/techar does so spectacularly to make them "profesional" like. I miss the point of cutting and bending and warping these mats and going to the trouble of setup just to take them down. If ya want to, fine I'm not really interested in knockin ya for it but for me personally the portability/storage factors are why I use them. :-)
MASTER of the Harmless CHAOS!!!1!
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Same here. I love the portability of them.

I just keep them in the back of the ride and have them ready to go wherever I end up.
mikirgra
bitThug

Post by mikirgra »

Doesn't sound like you guys have seen Banzai's latest stuff then. If you made the barriers like his, you don't cut the mats up. He's made some cool barriers to be used in conjunction with the mats as is. It's good for me b/c I don't have the funds for RCP, and I don't have the time to reshape the mats myself. If you have a bias against the guy, that's cool, but you might want to keep an eye on his work.
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

Those look pretty cool. I refuse to set foot in Wal-Mart, otherwise I might check those out.

I will say hue35 and I have been extremely satisfied with our RCP track. They seem like they're on the spendy side, but the integrated rails and different texture on the backside give quite a bit of value. The rails are critical for Mini-Z racing, and the predictablity of the surface is awesome. Our driving skills have improved tremendously since we started driving on this type of track, to the point where we really only hit the rails when the other guy pushes you into it.
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

Like I said, what Buckeroo is doing is really kick ass. I just wouldn't let the guy with in 20ft of my boys....

I am interested in what he will do tho to keep the rails on the track and still make it portable and have the ability to change it around at will. As it is right now, if you hit the rails, they will slip of, and a hard enough hit, your car would follow suit.
Suck My Bits
mikirgra
bitThug

Post by mikirgra »

SuperFly wrote:...to the point where we really only hit the rails when the other guy pushes you into it.
Ahh...NASCAR. :lol:
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Where do you find these in Walmart? I looked all over, and no one knew what I was talking about.

I ended up getting these Cabbage Patch Kids hopskotch kits. They have 9 1'x1' pieces for $6. I did the math and that 27 sq. ft. for $18 as opposed to 24 sq. ft. so I figured what the hell the CPK can be face down...

... maybe I'll spray paint them black or something. :???:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"