Mini LST

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up electric offroad RCs.
sg219
bitPimp

Mini LST

Post by sg219 »

Now it's on!!!!

http://www.teamlosi.com/

Suggested Retail is $199.99
Losi site wrote:How do you follow two of the most sensational R/C releases in the last ten years? You use the same formula for success to make a miniature run anywhere version of the awesome LST “Super Truck”. The all-new Mini-LST ready to run 4WD mini-monster truck is truly a “Monster Among Mini’s”. The Mini-LST is not merely a mini-truck with big tires but a brand new ground up design based on the full size 2005 Truck of the Year, Team Losi LST 4WD Monster Truck. Just like it’s big brother, the Mini-LST features an aluminum dual-deck chassis with long arm suspension and four monstrous oil filled shocks to suck up the bumps and jumps. Power comes from not one but two powerful “frenzy 370” motors powering a rugged ball bearing equipped drive train that uses three slipper protected differentials to distribute the power to the mini-monster tires. The Mini-LST package includes an exclusive synthesized modular radio system that requires no crystals to switch between the six available frequencies and a host of features only found on more expensive models. Precise control is maintained with dual steering servos and the hi-output forward/reverse electronic speed control. To make the package complete a 6-cell 7.2-volt rechargeable battery pack and convenient AC charger are included so all you have to add is 8 “AA” dry cells to get going. Dinning room, deck, or driveway, the Mini-LST is instant monster truck excitement you can take with you wherever you go. Look for the new Mini-LST and all of the genuine Team Losi Mini-LST replacement and performance parts at hobby shops and racetracks worldwide.
evoraptor
bitNinja

Post by evoraptor »

I wonder who'll be the first to stick 2 mamba's in there ehh? :lol:

with these new micr's out, it'll soon be like the 1/10th scene, nitro, dual motored, etc. I'm startin to like this truck... There goes more money :(
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

evoraptor wrote:I wonder who'll be the first to stick 2 mamba's in there ehh? :lol:
The first person that gets the truck and has 2 Mamba's. :-o
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

Yet again, I have to put off the purchase of the MiniZilla. This one seems like a keeper, Nice and Strong. And good looking too :oops:
I love the green one :grin:

Waiting for a review
Maxx
Tuner1989
bitNinja

Post by Tuner1989 »

Holy crap losi has come throught sign me up!

And i like that green shell Especially with the thought of 2 green mambas under the hood. :???:
skylinekid
bitGangsta'

Post by skylinekid »

I love it!!!!!! I am definatly holding off the Mini-T buying for now, PS ooooo, ahhhhhhhhh, eeeeeeeeeeeee, a green shell :-D
"...life is just a big bowl of cherries, a bunch of fairies screaming to be scary." - Limp Biscuit
beanoman
bitGangsta'

Post by beanoman »

Good choice Losi, seperate esc and a synthesized rx :-). Not to mention the dual motors and dual servos.. Think it has AWS?

beano
midget_man1387
midgetPimp

Post by midget_man1387 »

beanoman wrote:Good choice Losi, seperate esc and a synthesized rx :-). Not to mention the dual motors and dual servos.. Think it has AWS?

beano
doesn't look like it, unfortunately.

the rx might be synthesized, but that is one fugly tx!!! but I certainly can get over that lol
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Green is good!! :-o

I personally wrote them and said that they have to make a green stock body for it or I'll shut down the internet. :lol:
Tuner1989
bitNinja

Post by Tuner1989 »

sg219 wrote:Green is good!! :-o

I personally wrote them and said that they have to make a green stock body for it or I'll shut down the internet. :lol:

Lol, the funny thing is i believe you! :-) And it looks good.
pimpsmurf
bitGangsta'

Post by pimpsmurf »

Is there a 1:18 ESC that can handle 2 brushless motors? I haven't seen one! :(

With 1:10 monster trucks, they use 1 brushless to replace the two in the E-Maxx.

-JNY
Cheesehead
bitPlaya'

Post by Cheesehead »

I wonder why 2 370's instead of one 540? It seems awful silly to me.
Then again, who can argue with all that horsepower?

I wonder how it compares in size and performance against the Mini LST. It's about 60$ more expensive; is it really that much faster or more powerful?
Lithiums are great!
Triple the speed...
four times the duration....
And they explode if you crash them too hard!
GWS 4 EVR
-my future car's bumper vanity plate
Tuner1989
bitNinja

Post by Tuner1989 »

Cheesehead wrote:I wonder why 2 370's instead of one 540? It seems awful silly to me.
Then again, who can argue with all that horsepower?

I wonder how it compares in size and performance against the Mini LST. It's about 60$ more expensive; is it really that much faster or more powerful?
This is 1:18'th scale 2 370's will work fine.

This is a mini-LST i dont understand your question.
Cheesehead
bitPlaya'

Post by Cheesehead »

Gah! I meant how does the mLST compare against the RC18T.

Also, I would figure that 2 370's would be more or less equal to a 540. Why not use use a 540 like the Tamaiya rock crawler?
Lithiums are great!
Triple the speed...
four times the duration....
And they explode if you crash them too hard!
GWS 4 EVR
-my future car's bumper vanity plate
gnubee
bitThug

Post by gnubee »

the big lst has 2 motors and 2 servos. this is a proven design, scaled down. 2 motors 2 servos.

also perfect for 1 brushless motor. tested with 1 mamba 8000 by losi. they claim that works fine too.

looks to have more ground clearance than an rc18t as well as using batterypacks that fit the losi mini t stocker.