5$ clones at biglots = ruling

This is for all the latest RC finds, deals and steals users find and pass along to the rest of us. Find some $5.00 bits at Toys R Us? Let everyone else know too! NO SELF SITE PROMOTION ALLOWED PLEASE!
hogjowlz
bitPimp

5$ clones at biglots = ruling

Post by hogjowlz »

someone on trc posted them a few weeks ago and well i went past a biglots and had to find food for the hunger.

heres the lowdown. they dont come in a dome. they are in a regular looking blister package like the toysrus truck.

the controller: a slightly modified rip off of the originall tomy. charger is on top not side and it has a floppy antenna and on/off switch and it feels better than the tomy controller.

the car: they have an suv and what kinda looks like a wrx with a buncha non working headlights. the bodies are not direct ripoffs of tomy bodies which is a major plus for clones. the chassis goes straight and turns well. the gears look cheap but are fairly smooth and make a quiet yet strange noise when running. the wheels are red. yes red and they work well and are like the tomy wheels but are 6spoke instead of 8. the pcb is pretty much the same but its flipped and instead of a piece of wire for the antenna it has a rigid piece of metal thats bent into a square thingy and well its got the best range out of any 27mhz ive had and believe me i know the limitations of 27mhz cars. the motor that came in it looks a heck of a lot like my "pink clone motor" and it seems to run like it!!

my final word[b/]
if you see these things, buy as many as you can carry. for the motor spring and red wheels alone they are worth 5bucks. i havnt modded much on her yet but i think the car itself is worth driving as long as it doesnt fall apart after a week(we shall see on that)
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

yup, I'd do it for 5 dollie - shiat I did for 10
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Man, their putting up a Big Lots down the street from me. For some reason I thought they might sell clones there, but $5? I'm all over that.

Hmmm, maybe if I stand by the door waiting for it to open they'll hurry up and put it together. Nah, probably not. Guess I'll have to wait.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

who wants to place bets on when they will hit the dollar stores?
Stoli
bitPimp

Post by Stoli »

There already here. I found a penracer in a Buck Or Two Store yesterday. hey were 4.99$
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

5$ canadian = 8cents us right?
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

The dollar store across the street from here has a couple Panthers in the claw machine. I know, not quite, but it is tempting sometimes.
crazydave's Gallery
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

hmm a 50cent clone. that would rule. im pretty good at those but i think the dome would be hard to hitch onto.
Stoli
bitPimp

Post by Stoli »

hey hey now. Be nice. Since in a few months we'll be worth more than you.! LOL

and then I will do then dance of Joy :D :D :-D
ezenterprises
bitGangsta'

Post by ezenterprises »

hogjowlz wrote:hmm a 50cent clone. that would rule. im pretty good at those but i think the dome would be hard to hitch onto.
i got a clone several months ago from a claw machine at my local laundry mat , all for my first .25 !!!! it had tie-wraps around it which made the claw be able to "grab" it.( 2 wraps like a package " + " shaped) Got it on the first try. :razz: They got another one i just checked today but the damn claw machine is broke :hurt:
Videos for your PSP at www.geocities.com/ebaypsp
noxorc
bitPimp

Post by noxorc »

I smell a beanie baby trend.
dabigpig
bitGangsta'

Post by dabigpig »

yo stoli where in canada u at?
if you post it... i've probably seen it...
-^-_-^
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

i think hes in yack spleen saskatchewjuan :fool:
Stoli
bitPimp

Post by Stoli »

I'm in the capital. Ottawa Ontario.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

ezenterprises wrote:
hogjowlz wrote:hmm a 50cent clone. that would rule. im pretty good at those but i think the dome would be hard to hitch onto.
i got a clone several months ago from a claw machine at my local laundry mat , all for my first .25 !!!! it had tie-wraps around it which made the claw be able to "grab" it.( 2 wraps like a package " + " shaped) Got it on the first try. :razz: They got another one i just checked today but the damn claw machine is broke :hurt:
If the ones in the claw machine by me had the tie wraps, then I would be all over that machine, but I'm looking at it thinking, "It's a trick, there's no way the claw could grab that dome." Not that I'm still not tempted.
crazydave's Gallery