MR-010 AWD w/ lithiums

Use this gallery to show off your own rides - 1:28 scale and above - video's and images no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
HACHI-RYOKU
bitPimp

MR-010 AWD w/ lithiums

Post by HACHI-RYOKU »

Wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. There are some problems that I've had to push through. The stock pinion gear kept coming off. I replaced it with an Atomic aluminum pinion that had a small grub screw, but that wouldn't hold it on either. I even tried screw tightner glue. I had to wip out the super glue to get it to stay and I think I still heard it slip a little today. With the added power the front wheels were barely moving on acceleration. The pinion at the front has no notch in it to keep it locked with the center shaft. Threw some superglue on that too. May need something stronger later. We'll see.

Here's the vitals;
Kyosho Mini-Z MR-010 AWD
****Nelly Deluxe****(yeah bitches!)
PN Racing Anima-P modified motor
Atomic CF center shaft
Atomic aluminum swing shafts/drive shafts
Atomic aluminum pinion gear (21 tooth pinion) Currently 4.50:1 ratio
2 X Atomic ball diffs
3 Racing Motor mount
PN racing motor heat sink
2S polyquest 3.7volt/600mah lithiums (7.4 volts nominal)

I've also been working on making the whole nelly detacheable so I can unplug it and utilize it in another car. It's got dean's micro plugs to connect everything except the 4 colored wires. Once I get a small 4 wire plug it will make the Nelly Deluxe completey detacheable without soldering or screwing. Just unplug it and plug into another car. Just gotta find a little 4 wire plug. It makes it a breeze with the batteries too. I've got 3 sets of 2S lithiums, so when one set dies it's a simple swap of the batts and connects to the charger in a snap.

Enough talking here's the pics;

The dremmel work to get the batts to fit;

The batts

It all fits nicely

I'm not the biggest fan of Skylines even though this is a very nice looking Skyline. I've got a white Trueno body enroute that I'm gonna paint up.

I may also change to a higher turn motor as this motor is really sucking juice to accelerate and gets hot very quickly. The Anima motor is a 33 turn motor. I may make a hand wound 37 turn spiral motor. I've seen smoke come out of the Anima a few times. The Nelly Deluxe takes it all in stride though.

I still need to give this thing a good test run. I've only taken it for short spins.

Oh, I also had to use double sided tape on the tires. The tires were flying off the wheels.
Last edited by HACHI-RYOKU on Mon May 01, 2006 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cause I ride around town on my low-rider bicycle.
sat4life27
bitPimp

Post by sat4life27 »

That has to be a fast fuckin ride pimp. Nice job on the whole car man. :-o

The mr01s I had with 2 lithium cells was so out of control it wasn't even fun to drive, but with awd it has to be managable and a frickin blast to drive. You have to make a vid of it in action.
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

one heluwa set up. looks fast. yeah vid would be cool :-)
about that pinion issue, you can file down motor shaft to make it flat on one side, then tighten screew with thread lock.
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

ok, now that's just scary Hachi! :shock:

you want to get the Ti64 Center Shaft Pinion Gear- Kyosho Mini-Z AWD MDW006 it comes with a brass front pinion that is press fitted onto the shaft, very strong and very tight...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... %3AIT&rd=1

might want to look at the these type of connectors as well...

I use these for motor plugs. Yery small and can handle 25A as well. They don't take up even half the space of those deans micros....

http://www.aircraft-world.com/shopexd.asp?id=3516

As for the signal plugs you can modify some "wire wrap" IC sockets to make nifty little plugs out of them, LBRC has done it succesfully...

http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.as ... &SUBCATID=

Just break off 4 of them into a group. do two of these. Use one set as the "socket" for the side that goes to the PCB and the other set as the "plug" for the side that goes to Nelly.

Actually, now that I think og it, you could break them off into a set of 6! 2 of them could be used to power the PCB as well, since we're talking very low (200mA - 400mA) currents here anyway.....

ph2t.
People are mean to you because you're a fucking idiot.
HACHI-RYOKU
bitPimp

Post by HACHI-RYOKU »

Good info PH2T. Muchos Grassyass

OK gents, here's the vids.

http://www.putfile.com/hachi-ryoku

On the vid with the motor, look closely and you can see smoke coming off the motor. It's right at the very beginning and the smoke is very light. It's hard to see because I didn't really catch it in time. My cameraman was also a little slow in the brain. I said "record" like three times and he kept saying "what?".

The one labeled MR-010 is the best in my opinion. It has some decent drifting and some speed. I wasn't really trying to hit top speed on these videos, so no real straight away shots. I was Mostly focusing on the maneuverability. But you can definately tell she's got some pep. This is with the 21 tooth pinion and 27 tooth gear. Basically 4.50:1.
Last edited by HACHI-RYOKU on Mon May 01, 2006 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cause I ride around town on my low-rider bicycle.
MotorGong
bitNinja

Post by MotorGong »

Good acoustics in that hallway for listening to an R/C!!

In the vid MR-010 2, you drove somewhat straight in one of your passes, and boy can you hear that sucker wind up!
BattleField 2 Stats
"Please not in the fire's neighborhood, heat, that place the spirit swim to play or take care of." ...LxxChar-G Instruction Manual