The Half-Bakery - Raw and Uncooked Ideas.

General discussions, new info, and all stuff that's how you say, off the hook. Bit, ZZ, SE, MT, SS... as long as it's micro, it's here.
frizzen
bitDisciple

Re: The Half-Bakery - Raw and Uncooked Ideas.

Post by frizzen »

MadMax completely skipped the stop in here, and this thread (and board) have been dead lately...

Anybody see the movie Zombieland? Take a guess what vehicle I'm thinking.

Time to nut up or shut up!
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

More apathy than I thought. :|

Rule #4: Doubletap. When you take out a zombie, there's always a moment when you think they're dead, but they aren't always. Two in the head, ensure they're dead.
-
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

*Tumbleweeds blow*
I like the direction you're going. Time to add some "pieces of flair" on the body.
Make this into the monster it wants to be.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

That's...er...well... one heck of a front airdam you have there buddy. :lol:

I didn't see the movie, I take it they used a snow plow to kill zombies? Anyways, nice job shaping it. :-o
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

Zombieland was worth seeing. The film takes place in a post-apocalyptic America, where a zombie apocalypse has been triggered when "mad cow disease became mad human disease and then worse", set after the worst of the outbreak and most people are gone. It's more of a Zombie-comedy rather than Zombie-horror. This was Tallahassees' car in the beginning of the movie.

In the movie the body was pretty stock. Black escalade, chrome rims, white "3" on both front doors, and a big black V-plow on the front. I'm pretty sure it would have gone farther if it hadn't been stolen and broken. Pieces of flair could help, thinking I may need somebody armed hanging out the sunroof. Other suggestions?
-
MotorGong
bitNinja

Post by MotorGong »

Called the Parentals last friday, and heard screaming in the background.
They said they were watching Zombieland lol. They're in their early 60's, so it's funny to me.
I dunno, what was really funny was the next day when I went over
and visited them, and asked them how the movie was. My mother stops what she's doing,
puts her hands on her hips and exclaims while turning towards me " it was really good".
That's great, I'll get Grandma to record that bootleg Cannibal Corpse cd for you guys.
It's just that they're my parents and usually watching some hollywood drama flick that's been
spewed out into the public, so this particular scenario was entertaining.

Yeah man, sorry I don't have any suggestions, I haven't seen the movie myself yet.
Reminds me of that Deathrace 2000 movie though lol.
BattleField 2 Stats
"Please not in the fire's neighborhood, heat, that place the spirit swim to play or take care of." ...LxxChar-G Instruction Manual
frizzen
bitDisciple

Ask about the New Dodge RAM

Post by frizzen »

I've realized there's something quite immature and happy that I really like about the Zombie or Post-Apocolypse genre car. It doesn't have to be pretty, or street legal, or any of that other stuff. Purpose built, mean, utilitarion...aggressive takes on new meaning.

Hit me with ideas for an all-out build
-
frizzen
bitDisciple

Me Likey Zombie Cars!!!

Post by frizzen »

They said something about having either paranoia or pent up hostility and rage toward others. All I know is they'll not be ready like I will be. Must be ready.

Drop-bed or Armored Turtle-deck?
Hood Scoop or Cowl Hood?
Chain-link or Armor windows?
-
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

...and now for something, completely different

:|

Cardboard aided drafting. Trying to figure out the fenders, haven't decided on front end. Does it want to be a stupid racing one, or a working/hunting kind of rig?
Last edited by frizzen on Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
-
vwmicrosizer
bitGimp

Post by vwmicrosizer »

a 4 wheeler sweet! hey does anybody know of a video game that has 3 wheelers in it where you can do tricks and backflips and what not. O and im buying a honda 350x 3 wheeler sound like a good idea
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

what if we take a ZZ-M, cut it apart like an Articulation mod, chop the axle heights WAY down by removing steering, gear reduction, motors. build up driveshaft supports so you can hook up U-joints...

then make up a set of narrow rims, narrow tires. say 0.155 (inner bead height) narrowed...

Some form of steering and gearing can be hooked up to the chassis

*** EDIT:Couldn't get the pic in before work

modded rim/tire on Left, stock zz-m tire on right. Front of my ZZ-M looks a little short for some reason. :grin: My LandRover Defender 110 truck may finally get a chance, but my Samurai also wants to play.
Last edited by frizzen on Sat May 08, 2010 3:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
-
vwmicrosizer
bitGimp

Post by vwmicrosizer »

um english please. or dumass language as some mite say :?
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

added pic above. That was as far as I could get before running out of CA.
As made so far: axle remains out at stock width (call it 2.450" sidewall to sidewall), top of knuckle C to bottom now 0.700". Tire width is now about 0.500" , tire height is still 1.100" , outer rim face still 0.550"...So....my 1/24 Suzuki Jimny (Samurai) kit tires have 0.450" width, 1.100" height, rim face of 0.675". :|

To put it into some real numbers... I'm making in 1/24 scale: 12" wide, 26" tires on 14" rims, with a powered, spooled, steerable axle 59" wide. Not quite the 42" mudders on 22" rims that is usually considered ok on a "scale crawler", but it should be passable on a lightly modded Suzuki Sammi

vwmicrosizer um, uh, smaller words... me have non-running zz-m on desk. me think hack zz-m down make small scale-ish axles, look good for 1/24 Sammi or little Landy 110 (1/30) bodies that also on desk. me make cool scale RC from body too small for "Losi Micro" or "1/43 SuperSlick Monster" axles.

even smaller... I pimpin' dat shit. yo.
-
vwmicrosizer
bitGimp

Post by vwmicrosizer »

frizzen wrote:added pic above. That was as far as I could get before running out of CA.
As made so far: axle remains out at stock width (call it 2.450" sidewall to sidewall), top of knuckle C to bottom now 0.700". Tire width is now about 0.500" , tire height is still 1.100" , outer rim face still 0.550"...So....my 1/24 Suzuki Jimny (Samurai) kit tires have 0.450" width, 1.100" height, rim face of 0.675". :|

To put it into some real numbers... I'm making in 1/24 scale: 12" wide, 26" tires on 14" rims, with a powered, spooled, steerable axle 59" wide. Not quite the 42" mudders on 22" rims that is usually considered ok on a "scale crawler", but it should be passable on a lightly modded Suzuki Sammi

vwmicrosizer um, uh, smaller words... me have non-running zz-m on desk. me think hack zz-m down make small scale-ish axles, look good for 1/24 Sammi or little Landy 110 (1/30) bodies that also on desk. me make cool scale RC from body too small for "Losi Micro" or "1/43 SuperSlick Monster" axles.

even smaller... I pimpin' dat shit. yo.
me likey!!!!
45tr0
bitNinja

Post by 45tr0 »

hey Frizz - I got this far with my ZZMT live axle conversion... but then i got stuck for a gearbox and linkages.

http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpFo ... 49&t=10467
"You guys are Wack"
"Wiggity Wack?"
"Nope, just regular kind"