The Half-Bakery - Raw and Uncooked Ideas.

General discussions, new info, and all stuff that's how you say, off the hook. Bit, ZZ, SE, MT, SS... as long as it's micro, it's here.
frizzen
bitDisciple

Re: The Half-Bakery - Raw and Uncooked Ideas.

Post by frizzen »

I started to say "How did I miss that thread?" but realized I posted on it. That's still looking really good! So, any progress? :P

More than likely, there will either be many pens or pullback cars giving their lives for the suspension. I'm thinking some kind of gear-motor, then I can try to just knock together a simple T-case, couple u-joints... Might be able to get something like stock mini/micro-T electronics cheap enough.

these look promising, saw a Losi micro running one. http://www.pololu.com/catalog/product/1000
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

tease.
-
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Uh ok, but you're gonna have to flip the clone over...duh. :razz:
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

Found a clearance box at the hobby shop with old MicroSizer stuff. Nothing amazing, just the standard hopups and some laptimers. I walked out with one of everything in the box: tire set, drift tune up, 1.0 motor, 1.6 motor, 2.2 motor, and a lap timer. ...for $10.

The half-baked part is I'm considering going back for more if anyone wants something, or maybe even getting all the shit so I can sponsor a contest. (None of you fuckers remembers how to build anyway)
What say you?
-
vwmicrosizer
bitGimp

Post by vwmicrosizer »

just got a bit char g blue subaru given to me today from a friend. the part that sucks is that it does not work. i want to put the wheels and body on a clone chassis.
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

Thinking about an M3 half-track built as a 4x6 off of the airhog truck version terrain titans. probably atleast dual cell,
Since that would make an M3 with something more like an M35 chassis, maybe make an armored roof and more gun ports. Dunno if it should be done more millitary or zombie survival style
-
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

Just won this shit online..

Fuck knows what I'm going to do with it, but there's a couple of cars there that intrigued me.
Namely the monster truck looking thing, and the 3 charge-n-go looking trucks.
Sure I'll come up with something.

I had a 2ch IR proportional plane that used an actuator and lipo.
Might chuck it in one of these for some fun. :eek:
We don't need no god damn roads!
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

wow. I like that 85ish Montero in the back...... that Indy racer looks different. What is the chassis like?
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

Will update ya when I receive them, indy car looks intriguing huh! :cool:
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

frizzen wrote:Found a clearance box at the hobby shop with old MicroSizer stuff. Nothing amazing, just the standard hopups and some laptimers. I walked out with one of everything in the box: tire set, drift tune up, 1.0 motor, 1.6 motor, 2.2 motor, and a lap timer. ...for $10.

The half-baked part is I'm considering going back for more if anyone wants something, or maybe even getting all the shit so I can sponsor a contest. (None of you fuckers remembers how to build anyway)
What say you?
Frizzen dude, I have no idea why nobody replied to you.. but a contest of sorts would be sick.
I'd love to see a contest where the OG modders breathed some new life into this very almost dead niche of rc.
I'm sure many could spare a little time, surely ? Perhaps a group private message would awaken a few lost souls ?
Lord knows most of these guys are hoarding enough shit in their basement to start a shop! Not having anything to mod would be no excuse!

I'd be happy to help with anything. :-o
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

I thought I had posted a response, but I don't see it. :? I guess I didn't wait for it to post or something. Anyway, a contest would be great, maybe get a little renewed interest in modding here. :-o
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
PimpFloyd
bitGangsta'

Post by PimpFloyd »

:-o on a contest!
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

honda_s2000 wrote:Perhaps a group private message would awaken a few lost souls ? :-o
I had thought about that a while back, during the last contest actually. We can name the contest "Raising the Dead". The theme could be finishing dusty projects, finishing a build that had been posted in a build thread, or just simply getting someone to pop in after a hiatus.

Sorry to highjack... but just my opinion.
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

Sounds good.

Got all my shit today, that Montero looking thing is the same as the Shen monster trucks.
Pretty lame, dual celled it today, now it's pretty sweet. :-o

Never seen so many leaking batteries though :roll:
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

Double post, shoot me.

Figured you guys might like this... this is the montero looking thing that ibjamn pointed out.
So highly geared it's unreal, but now with a dual cell it picks up speed a bit quicker. Takes a good 3 or 4 meters to get up to top speed though, need a big space!

Few pictures for ya.. still messy, have just been testing it out before I cram it all back in. A little chassis modification lets the dual cells sit nicely in the centre. :-o