The Half-Bakery - Raw and Uncooked Ideas.

General discussions, new info, and all stuff that's how you say, off the hook. Bit, ZZ, SE, MT, SS... as long as it's micro, it's here.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Re: The Half-Bakery - Raw and Uncooked Ideas.

Post by sidewinder »

I'll see what I can do when you get there. :mrgreen: You do realize that most of the lawyers working for the ACLU are Jewish...you never really stood a chance.

But for me I'll just do like I used to do before going out drinking, I always left some money with someone just in case. Usually I left it with a cop friend, but in retrospect, the only times I got into trouble was when I was drinking with cops, those guys are nuts. :lol:
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

All panel lines have been reworked.
Bed Supports added to the "frame rails", see maybe they aren't just visual

Roof stiffeners carved in, and hatches added

Dashboard improved, wheel and gauges added

Seating improved, cushion lines added, driver gets air-ride seat, everyone else stuck with troop seats.

More of seats

Oh god, he did the same thing over here too.

The rest of the Frizzen Desktop army so far...
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

:eek: that "TATRA" looks awesome.
:???: Is it? Or "MAN" ...
Detail is overwhelming :D
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

It's looking great, nice work. :-o
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
vwmicrosizer
bitGimp

Re:

Post by vwmicrosizer »

frizzen wrote:I've seen a few attempts at Adjustable Suspension on bits/zips. The only good one I remember had really bad pics. There were several people claiming they had done it, with decent pics of lies.

I'd suggest starting off front only using a lift motor with string & knotting methods like the 1/24 scale model lowrider builders. Longer throw on the steering knuckles, make the suspension bar do the work. 3 Ch board, maybe BitCharG PowerBrute or something?

This was faked in response to a guy on TinyRC that wouldn't shut up about his "HYDRAULIC ZZ THAT WOULD HIT A 3-WHEEL" and wouldn't admit he was fake, even though it was obvious how he did that. Since I'm a strong believer in not calling fake unless you have enough proof that you're basically bringing a gun to a fist-fight; I duplicated his move (with an even higher 3-wheel) stated it was absolutely fake, and challenged him about how I faked that my Beetle did the front hop. He came clean.
Any guesses?
i made somthing similar to this. i took a regular zz and took apart a clone dul motor tank and mounted the motors on the inside of the car shell and mounted a track for the motors on the axle so the back goes up and down. i would show some pics but i dont remember my gallerie password so i cant put pics on my gallerie.
45tr0
bitNinja

Re: Re:

Post by 45tr0 »

vwmicrosizer wrote: i made somthing similar to this. i took a regular zz and took apart a clone dul motor tank and mounted the motors on the inside of the car shell and mounted a track for the motors on the axle so the back goes up and down. i would show some pics but i dont remember my gallerie password so i cant put pics on my gallerie.
I call bullshit :-)
"You guys are Wack"
"Wiggity Wack?"
"Nope, just regular kind"
vwmicrosizer
bitGimp

Re: Re:

Post by vwmicrosizer »

45tr0 wrote:
vwmicrosizer wrote: i made somthing similar to this. i took a regular zz and took apart a clone dul motor tank and mounted the motors on the inside of the car shell and mounted a track for the motors on the axle so the back goes up and down. i would show some pics but i dont remember my gallerie password so i cant put pics on my gallerie.
I call bullshit :-)
it only goes up and down in the back it dosent hop just a simple mod i cut 2 holes in the back of the cars body where the track comes trough itz not bulshit :mad:
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

Thanks guys! It's coming along.
It's supposed to be a Tatra 815, with an excessive tundra lift as probably it's going to be snow-camo and I wanted to keep the bed usable.

Detail is getting there, still need a couple more Bic pens (fuel tanks), need to build the framerail toolboxes, bumpers, lights... Need to decide on air intake and exhaust setup, come up with a material for the bed canvas, finalize the wiring, music wire antenna, throw in some bed floor detail...

Sorry about the file fuzz on the interior, and the dash being crooked, I was taking pics while trying to troubleshoot my brotherinlaws computer.

So far, I've learned a LOT about making styrene bodies! If you want to try, don't be scared, it's not *that* bad!
After the Tatra is done, I think a Tundra Buggy for the same chassis will be next, or a Samurai for a stock ZZ-M.
-
Cool, fake hydros could work. So I'm not saying anything about your build either way, but since it sounds complete, be sure to start a thread on it in the Flossin' forum. One of the mods or Cabo could probably hit you up with a password reset if you ask nicely.
-
45tr0
bitNinja

Post by 45tr0 »

Hi Frizz - sorry, didn't mean to take this thread Off topic.

this is looking awesome - it's good to have you around again - you've been missed. :-o

this is killer - the interior, the bed support details - the whole thing just looks wicked.

good work man!
"You guys are Wack"
"Wiggity Wack?"
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

Don't worry about the hijacking, it happens. If I cared that much I'd change my avatar to a pic of a "Cooper Lock" *waits until everyone gets back from the search engines finding out what that is*
But this is for HALF-Baked stupid ideas, not something that's already been done. Well thought out ideas, or already complete things get their own build thread.

Glad you guys like it so far! Any suggestions?

-
Oh yeah, what happened to the builds? Did we quit doing that around here? :(
-
45tr0
bitNinja

Post by 45tr0 »

frizzen wrote:Oh yeah, what happened to the builds? Did we quit doing that around here?
This is my latest - still very much a work in progress - stupid job takes up all my play time. :o http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpFo ... 49&t=10467
"You guys are Wack"
"Wiggity Wack?"
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

Something really weird just fell out of my head. I must add it to the list.

I need a Tank and a ZZ. The uninspired would simply slap them together, build a half-track and call it a day.
Nein!
For my idea is far greater! It is the Rommel Rod. 1940s Mercedes style open-body coachwork around a half-track chassis.

http://www.showrods.com/gallery_pages/rommel_super.html

Yes...
-
45tr0
bitNinja

Post by 45tr0 »

"You guys are Wack"
"Wiggity Wack?"
z-beam
bitGangsta'

Post by z-beam »

this is a great thread, love the plasticard work frizzen.

i dont have any truck goodness to share but im sure i can find a few half finished projects around my garage. if i find anything worthy ill add it soon.
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

Glad you like the thread!

Thanks, it's getting there...

Opinions on that size frame mount toolbox? I think the fuel tank will be shortened a bit.
-