X-Trek Pro

General discussions, new info, and all stuff that's how you say, off the hook. Bit, ZZ, SE, MT, SS... as long as it's micro, it's here.
lovedoctor
bitPlaya'

About the track...

Post by lovedoctor »

The track they sell is probably not worth the $$$

It's about $25 for a track the size of any slot-car track for the kiddies.

There is a track that has a built-in charging pit like Xtrek had in the old days--for $80 it includes the track and two cars with their controllers, of course. If you're willing to learn how to control the car and dont mind a track lane-width that is only 8-10cm across, it's a good buy.

Honestly, though...if you're willing to fabricate, you're gonna get a much better track for alot less money.

I wish I still had connections in the hospital. There is a latex material used to "exsanguinate" a body part (typically the hand or arm) so there is less bleeding during surgery. It's a sheet of latex about 10cm across and I forget how many feet long, and about 2-3mm thick. It makes for excellent track material if you use hot glue to glue it to your track's back board. Talk about traction--imagine driving on a road made of the same stuff as your tires? Though there is an awesome surgical supply store near me. I'm gonna look for some there.

Silla in Manilla Gorillas,

Love doc :)

p.s. How do I embed a pic in my post?
He who will not reason is a biggot,
He who cannot is a fool,
He who dares not is a slave.
--Sir William Drummond
nuggetz

Post by nuggetz »

Where would I go about getting that track they had in that video review? Looked nice and foamy and the car was gripping it pretty good.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

There was a video review? I missed it...damn, now I'll have to re-read everything.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
lovedoctor
bitPlaya'

Dag...my bad

Post by lovedoctor »

I want to apologize for giving the Xtrek Pro cars such a glowing review.

After my first run with the car, I posted my review (see above, this thread).

I stopped using the car for a couple of days and when I went to recharge it, the charging light never came on, and the car never took a charge (at least not for more than a few seconds).

Maybe the motorheads on this site can enlighten me as to why this might have happened. I seem to recall that Li+ Ion is the only rechargable battery without the "Memory Effect"--is that correct? Is it possible that the onboard batteries developed memory for not "Conditioning" the battery in it's early use? If someone could shed some light, it would be much appreciated.

To LBRC: If you could send your initial post in this thread to Xtrek, Inc., it would be greatly appreciated! Maybe they could put Li+ ion batts in their cars, next time around.

Bottom line, I returned the Xtrek Pro Enzo because it stopped accepting a charge after my initial "test drive"--there was about 2-3 days between that first test drive and this cluster f**k.

If anyone can give me cause to give this li'l b*$t*rd from overseas another shot, please let me know. Man, it's usually the imports that are the better machine, not the domestics!

Silla in Manilla Gorillas,

Love Doc

:-(

p.s. the Demo video mentioned above is at least a year old. The mat used is that foam, interlinking tile mat that is used in gyms. Though you can tell in the video that there are "track" markings on it, so If it is specifically made for R/C, then I'm not sure where to get it. I've looked into the kind for gyms and it seems too pricey to make a track of any substantial size. And What ever happened to the XMods track material? Thought that was pricey, too.
He who cannot is a fool,
--Sir William Drummond
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

What voltage are your batteries in the charger putting out now? Swap for fresh.
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
lovedoctor
bitPlaya'

Nope not the batts in the charger

Post by lovedoctor »

I used freshly charged batteries in the charger. And the power indicator light is on and bright when I turn on the controller. It's the Charge indicator light that never charges since that first time.

Maybe I should mention, the first time I charged the car and ran it, the charge indicator light didn't come one immediately. I had to "slide" the car around on it's contacts to get it to light and as it was charging, the charge indictaor light was bright at first, then got progressively dimmer--I assumed it was a way of indicating that the charging was almost done. On ZZ's etc, the light switched from red to green, or turned off instantly like throwing a switch. Am I reading too much into this?

Love Doc
He who cannot is a fool,
--Sir William Drummond
lovedoctor
bitPlaya'

Giving up...for now

Post by lovedoctor »

Part III in a "god knows how many part" series on X-Trek Pro:

Like a moth to the flame, I tried the X-Trek Enzo again, this time from a different TRU (yes, more than one within reasonable driving distance in my 'hood). This one was even worse than my first. If this is a clue to the production series, I noticed something similar about all the boxes on the shelf at this other TRU: The plastic window on the front of all these boxes was slightly sucked in, like there was a vacuum inside the box at some point during the application of the window to the box. The boxes on the shelf at the first TRU I went to had "flush" windows on the front. So probably from a different batch at the factory.

On this second attempt, I didn't even get a good first run of the car. The first run of this second Enzo was as bad as the second run of the first Enzo I tried. That make sense? Ehhhh.

Anyway, since I got the "RC Bug" again, I decided to try the new XMODS--I got the 2008 Corvette (I know, I know: Miami-Ugly Color) and put the AWD mod on it. Yes, my Micro RC track is a bit too small, but the bridge I built out of cereal boxes is still scale-appropriate, IMHO. Will keep on the lookout for the XMODS track material, though a local hobby shop is finishing up construction on an indoor race track for hobbyists. Will give that a try.

And I've checked the XMODS website: only $4.95 for the Command logic lights! But can't find them to order on the RS website, and none of the RS's in my area carry any other lights besides the gay ground effects light kit for $15!. No way, dudes.

Plus, I'm in the market for one of those XMODS steering wheels that came with the body kits...I like 'em better than the stock "tire wheel" that comes with the starter kit. Would love to find one.

Thanks fellas,

LoveDoc
He who cannot is a fool,
--Sir William Drummond
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

I can hook you up on both the lights and the controller wheel. Anything else you need?
I have a lot of the discontinued hop ups for the Xmod Evo.

Let me know what you'd like, and I'll give you a great deal on them.