BADD News!! Water Heater Busted...

General discussions, new info, and all stuff that's how you say, off the hook. Bit, ZZ, SE, MT, SS... as long as it's micro, it's here.
DarkTari
bitPimp

BADD News!! Water Heater Busted...

Post by DarkTari »

My son was leaving for school just b4 us going to work, came back in the house to tell me there was water in the garage, may have come from clothes I was washing the night before....
I took a look to see it was coming from the basement. Went back inside and opened the laundry room door...... water on the floor, checked the computer room (bathroom rough-in), water there too so that means there's water in the understair storage area where I keep my stash !

Shut off the heater tap, shut off the gas, and IMEDIATELY started pulling my the stash outta the area. Granted that I'm still in dress shoes & slacks!!! Got everything pertaining to my stash out first (wife looking at me like I'm crazy) Changed clothes, hooked up hose to drain the tank, grabbed the Big Green Machine (carpet cleaner) and started suckin up da water.

Now to assess the damage:
2- Micro Sizer Battle Tracks boxes got wet...
My box with most of my clones and my Mini Sub got wet.
My 1/24 scale VW box got wet .

Good News:
Nothing Damaged !! I guess the leak started early that morning so I got to my stash just in time.
Not one Micro damaged, not even damp. :D
Most of my stash boxes were elevated. None of the other crap got damaged.
A lotta empty boxes, some old floor tiles, door mat and some other stuff got wet
but no permanent damage. Just the hallwayy carpet got wet, nothing in the main room.

Guess I dodged a bullet that go round. The night before, just before goin to sleep I started to think about what if that exact thing happend, what kinda loss would I have, then I passed out...... next morning I got my answer.
Strange ~ ~ ~ ~ :???: Whew !
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

Whoa, the bit gods were looking out for your stash :???:

The power of suggestion, you thought about it and it happened.
So can you think about bits making a massive come back? Maybe that'll happen too! :lol:

Glad to hear there was no real damage, beside the potential for a cold shower or 2.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

CaboWabo wrote:So can you think about bits making a massive come back? Maybe that'll happen too! :lol:
I have been, and they don't seem to be, so that ain't working. :???:

Good to hear your collection is ok. I hope you're not looking into safe deposit boxes now. :lol:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

God, I gotta find a better crowd to hang with...when you said stash I was thinking of something entirely different.

Just be glad they have blow out plugs now, I remember when a water heater in the neighboring town blew-up...it shot a hole straight through the floor and landed in the peoples living room. The only thing that kept it from being worse was they were out of the home at the time at a church picnic. I always wondered if it was some form of divine intervention. :???:
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
frizzen
bitDisciple

Re: BADD News!! Water Heater Busted...

Post by frizzen »

+1 on the waterheater P&T valves, hit Youtube and search for Mythbusters Water Heater. :grin:

Sidewinder, I do have a better crowd yet I still went there. :-D
DarkTari wrote: Water all over... IMEDIATELY started pulling my the stash outta the area... Got everything pertaining to my stash out first (wife looking at me like I'm crazy) Changed clothes, grabbed the "Big Green Machine" and started suckin up da water.

--

My box with ... my Mini Sub got wet.

What can I say, Submarines like water. :lol:

Glad the damage wasn't worse. Waterheater at my parents house rusted out the bottom a couple years ago, got some lovely mold and warped hardwood floors out of it.
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'