Who here is or was the best...........

General discussions, new info, and all stuff that's how you say, off the hook. Bit, ZZ, SE, MT, SS... as long as it's micro, it's here.
mailman
bitHood

Who here is or was the best...........

Post by mailman »

I would like to know who here was or still is the best and cleanest mosfet tuner.Don't know if tuner is the correct word but hopefully you guys understand me.I've read there's a whole bunch of you guys that do it yourself but just wanted to know.codesuide is no longer around and i asked crazydave and no longer doing it.Yes i have read the tutorials on how to do it but i rather $$ for it to be done nicely.I have a few zz and zz se and would like to have this done to them,anyone up for it?
1993 300zxtt
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Wow, other than CrazyDave I haven't seen a electronic mod in forever...and even that's been a while. If he's not doing it anymore (I know he's been really busy) I wouldn't know who to suggest. If anyone here still does this I'd be interested in having some work done too. Anyone?
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
mailman
bitHood

Post by mailman »

Well,I could find someone who can do it but I need to know exactly what mosfet I need and where to buy it.I have read that there's a few different fets with lesser resistance than other.If anyone can tell me where to buy them I'll handle the rest.I need to start somewhere,thanks guys.
1993 300zxtt
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Yeah, that's the main reason I stopped, the FET supply kind of dried up, and the demand for them. So I've moved on to bigger RCs, and most my micros are packed up now.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
mailman
bitHood

Post by mailman »

Well,today I went to RS and bought some rosin core solder,bought the little sponge to clean it off the solder remover etc.Keep in mind i have never touched an soldering pencil or whatever is called or even worst solder before.I pulled out an old bumble bee i had and pulled out the 2.4 battery and had another one laying around so i decided to solder them together.I managed to solder it back to the car after a few hours.. yeah a few,and put it on the charger.While on the charger I give it a little go and it sounds louder and a bit more power into the car.I take it out of the car and put it on the floor and press forward on the control and the thing just disappear under the sofa lol....... it only ran for like 3 seconds maxed power but that was all.Do I need a homemade charger also? or can the controller be modified as well? later guys.
1993 300zxtt
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

So, if I read that correctly you quad-celled a Transformer series Zip Camero?

Cool! All I've done with those was delete the motor resistor.
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
mailman
bitHood

Post by mailman »

I guess i did lol...Hey guys,Ive been doing some search on the mos fets you guys used on the zz.digikey.com don't have the IRLML2502TR but they have a similar which is the led free version IRLML2502PBFTR.Is this one as good as the first one? They are like $6.50 for like 20 of them.
1993 300zxtt
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

mailman wrote:I guess i did lol...Hey guys,Ive been doing some search on the mos fets you guys used on the zz.digikey.com don't have the IRLML2502TR but they have a similar which is the led free version IRLML2502PBFTR.Is this one as good as the first one? They are like $6.50 for like 20 of them.
Nice find. So that's why I can't find them anymore. :???:

They look to be the same specs to me. :-o

Digikey has a $10 surcharge on under $25 orders, that's why I used to just stock up.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

Do I hear a group buy? :???:

As far as the charging goes, you may need to fab up something. On my Heavy Chevy, I didn't mod the charger, but I charge it twice in a row. But, I used a Microsizer board, and an SE battery - the same as the newer ZZ cars - which is 2.4v 70Mah.
mailman
bitHood

Post by mailman »

Thanks Dave and ibjamn,Whatever you guys want to do about the group buy let me know.As long as i have the fets in my hands i'll then look for someone who can installed them for me.I have about 15 unmolested zz se and atleast would love to have one with the fet upgrade and whatever else you guys do to them :0), later guys.
1993 300zxtt