Rare Bit-Char-G?

General discussions, new info, and all stuff that's how you say, off the hook. Bit, ZZ, SE, MT, SS... as long as it's micro, it's here.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Rare Bit-Char-G?

Post by sidewinder »

I was talking with a buddy and mentioned that I love the Euro racing trucks and thought some day it would be a cool retirement project to get an old cab-over and make a street legal replica. After all, why be normal? Anyway, he knew I was into micro RC's and said he'd seen some "little RC racing trucks," and gave me the contact info. The guy has a bunch of older Bit-Char-G stuff unopened and in decent shape, and one of the sets he had was the one below. Well, actually, he still has it, or rather I should say the UPS people have it right now, but it's on it's way.

I had no idea they ever made these, were they common? I have no idea whether to take them out of the package and play with them or to put them up for auction... If they're not all that rare I have some mods in mind, but I thought I'd ask before destroying something that's hard to come by.

The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

I wouldn't say it's "rare", but they were never really popular.

They're like those crash em up hotwheels. When you collide with another one, they pop off parts like the wings and such.

Pretty cool find, as I haven't really seen much of em after they were released.

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

Yes, they're rare. No, they ain't worth shit...Well, except if you plan to do some mods on 'em.

Back when they first came out, I bought like 5 of the sets. I figured it shouldn't be too hard to sell them off since they seem cool and were only available in Japan.

Nobody and I mean NOBODY was/is interested in them. I still have 4. I sold one on no-reserve ebay and got like less than $20 for it, so I'm keeping the rest and I'll pass them on to my goddamned grandkids before I take another loss like that on it.

Hack away when you get yours man, ain't worth it to keep in the box as investment.

Post by sidewinder »

That's kind of good news because I'm thinking of seeing f I can find actual team liveries and copy them. I just didn't want to start painting and find out it was something valuable. Now, I wonder if I can find my Bit motors and tires. :???:
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

That's cool!!!

And here I thought Clones and ZZ were the only Semi ever made.
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Yeah, that's what I thought. I'm thinking of painting it something like the red truck below.

crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

sidewinder wrote:That's kind of good news because I'm thinking of seeing f I can find actual team liveries and copy them. I just didn't want to start painting and find out it was something valuable. Now, I wonder if I can find my Bit motors and tires. :???:
Meh, I would let that stop me. I like pissing people off like that. Toys are worthless "in the box"!
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

+1 Toys are ment to be played with! Either you keep them for profit or horsetrading, or you rip them open and enjoy your toys!

Red one looks nice, I like the Blue and Grey livery one.
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
DarkTari
bitPimp

Re: Rare Bit-Char-G?

Post by DarkTari »

I think I gave away a set in one of our Truck Contests.... :???:
I was just surfin out on all the Micro RC sale sites to see what's out there.
I was quite surprised at what Tomy's are left out there online, some real expensive, some a real deal!!
sidewinder
bitProphet

Re: Rare Bit-Char-G?

Post by sidewinder »

I am kind of glad these aren't rare, I have plans for them. Thanks for the post on the rare bits.