New to the fourm

General discussions, new info, and all stuff that's how you say, off the hook. Bit, ZZ, SE, MT, SS... as long as it's micro, it's here.

What is your favorite paint?

Tamiya Paint
No votes
Testors Paint
67%
Other
33%

Total votes: 3

eddy
bitHood

New to the fourm

Post by eddy »

Hi im New :? :ak: and i have a few questuions

What paint should i use

Who can do the FET mod for me (ill pay)

Where can i get a FAST motor

did anyone do 4wd(i read the fourm for a bit)

Where can i get grippy tires

where can I get gears

(Ive got alot of questions. if it bothers you sorry)
If anyone wants a custom Avatar, PM me.
mailman
bitHood

Post by mailman »

Welcome pimp,what kind of bit is it?
1993 300zxtt
sidewinder
bitProphet

Re: New to the fourm

Post by sidewinder »

Q: What paint should i use
A: For an airbrush I'd go for Badger's Freak Flex http://www.megahobby.com/index.asp?Page ... rodID=7806 I just tried it and it was smooth, plus it's water based for easy clean up. For rattle can Krylon Fusion (any hardware store) actually works pretty well, and it's tough once it's cured.

Q:Who can do the FET mod for me (ill pay)
A: You Can! check the tutorials...I don't think anyone here is doing this anymore, but with a little patience and practice (on Walgreens $5.99 or 3 for $12 bits) I'll bet you can do it...ok, I've never tried, but what the heck, I say go for it.

Q:Where can i get a FAST motor
A: Out of an old pager. This site has a ton of useful stuff: http://www.didel.com/Frames.html?MainFrame=News.html Also you might seach "pager" in the search box and see if you can find a few examples from past builds.

Q:did anyone do 4wd(i read the fourm for a bit)
A: Oh yeah, and how! Check this out:http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpFo ... 60&start=0

Q:Where can i get grippy tires
A: Diecast make great doners, so do slot cars in the HO scale...I don't think you can get this brand anymore but the swap is the same for just about any brand.http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/articles/20 ... wheel-mod/

Q:where can I get gears
A: Beats me...you could cut your own if you have a watchmakers hand mill, but that might be beyond the average persons level of commitment. I have plans to build one if anyone wants a copy let me know.

And don't worry about questions, it's good to see some renewed interest in micros.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

For rattle cans, I prefer automotive lacquer. Duplicolor is my favorite. Plasticote works well too.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
eddy
bitHood

Post by eddy »

Dosent Duplicolor Wash off? And they sell Import racers (RE named Option D)vAlso what would be a good beginer mod be? ( dont want to break anything)
If anyone wants a custom Avatar, PM me.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Oh, sooner or latter you're gonna break something...you should see my "dead pile." :grin: But, I suppose the place to start would be wheels, just take your time and follow the tutorial, you should be fine...or if you want really safe then you can't beat a custom paint job. Buy some cheap matchbox type cars from a dollar store and practice. The bonus is you might even get some good cheap wheels and tires that you can use when you're ready.

Oh, and all water based paint washes off while it's drying, you just need to give it time to set up. Unless your car is older than about a 1989 model it has water based paint...stupid EPA, they had real problems with it at first...look at a late 80's Chevy...especially the Beretta...you'll see the paint on the hoods and roofs peeled off. But, they have since perfected it and now all automotive paint (for commercial use anyway) is water based. I've never tried Duplicolor on a bit, but I have used it on race cars for quick touch-ups and it works fine.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Duplicolor is Lacquer. Lacquer don't wash off.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

Just don't become Laquer Head. :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjBFb9rj-Zs[/youtube]
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

What paint should i use ?
Any Auto Shop Can Paint works, my choice would be Duplicolor also. I bought a new air brush kit & compressor, but never used it cause the auto paint works so well for me. I prefer them over hobby paints, they're easier to get , cheeper to buy and they lay better to me. Try Auto Zone, Wal-mart, Pep Boys, etc.

Where can i get a FAST motor ?
What do you consider a fast rotor ? What are you runnin now ?

where can I get gears ?
What gearing are you lookin for? I just "aquired" some from my Asian Connection. :hippie:
Wadaya need? I may be able to accomodate .....

Pop me a PM.....

Lacquer Head..... You Crack Me Up Pimp !!! :lol:
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

You bought a box of gears :shock: Cool :-o So, if someone needed a bunch of them in the future and didn't want to ask you to deplete your supply would you be able to order another box? Just thinking ahead.
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

Not Likely, Bit stuff is real hard to come by. Need gears, just pop me a PM and we'll go from there.....
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Thanks, nothing yet, but I was thinking of doing a crawler mod on a project...I'll keep your offer in mind, thanks a lot.