Back In Da Hood....

General discussions, new info, and all stuff that's how you say, off the hook. Bit, ZZ, SE, MT, SS... as long as it's micro, it's here.
DarkTari
bitPimp

Back In Da Hood....

Post by DarkTari »

I've been around quite a bit this week. Started lookin at all the pics for the Ol' Contests we used to have, remenisin of the good 'ol dayz of moddin. Man I remember when Miva kicked in for the 1st time in one of our Contest, then disappeared. I remember my 1st time seeing the works of Da Man, my idol "Sinned" !! Man dat dude inspired me to no end. Cavey appeared in rare form with some of the sickest paint jobs I've seen on a bit, he also inspired me.... Then I remember Super Fly & Hue. These Pimps went a whole nutha way when it came to modding. And let us not forget our HMFIC, Cabo ! Chopping up shit and comin away with Master Peices........ :-o

BettyK, ph2t, TallDude from down under came with the "electronic" side of Micro moddin.
Bio Hazzard & Ahh5shit, was next to impress the hell outta me.
3rd Generation Pimps came on the scene with a whole new groove, Hiroto, SWG, Yagbols, Hachi-ryoku, Maxximun Attack, sat4life27, ibjammin. These Pimps have done some Pimp Hall of Fame rides that will 4eva hang on the halls of DT Racing !!! (my mind)

So with this shot in the arm, I'll be hangin out here all lot more in the near future. Still buyin shit, now I just gotta find time to get to moddin again....

You Pimps check out the Galleries and go down memory lane, you'll see what I mean... 8-)
sidewinder
bitProphet

Re: Back In Da Hood....

Post by sidewinder »

Glad to have you back...I was wondering what happened, when I first found this site you were all over it. :-o

Do we have a Bit Hall of Fame? It would make a cool gallery...I don't know how we'd decide what went in, but it would be cool.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
mailman
bitHood

Post by mailman »

Even though I'm not as old as some of you guys in here I also welcome you back.Nice to see some gurus are still around like betty k,crazy Dave etc..I came a bit late to the game,although I have had zz since they first came out in 2002.I never knew a site like this dedicated to small bits existed.What I've seen and read from most of you is simply amazing,with all the mods and painting all you guys have done.Is funny cause a few month or probably a year back this site looked like a desert. When I started seeing movement I was like alrighty then.........So my quest to find someone who can mod my zz and zz se began.Pretty much I was shut down by a few who were kinda retired from the game or simply didn't have the time.But I kept on knocking and one door was opened lol..... yeah crazyDave is the man :0).He told me at the time that he didn't have the material to do the fet mod.I began searching for the fets myself and couldn't find the one you guys used.Decided to call digikey and it so happens that they do have them but the lead free version and has a totally different part number.So I sent the fets and some of my best zz se to Dave.I really appreciate him doing this for me since I know he is busy with his RC magazine .So in all I'm glad this site is reviving and glad to see people with bit knowledge around.
1993 300zxtt
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

DarkTari wrote:I've been around quite a bit this week. Started lookin at all the pics for the Ol' Contests we used to have, remenisin of the good 'ol dayz of moddin. Man I remember when Miva kicked in for the 1st time in one of our Contest, then disappeared. I remember my 1st time seeing the works of Da Man, my idol "Sinned" !! Man dat dude inspired me to no end. Cavey appeared in rare form with some of the sickest paint jobs I've seen on a bit, he also inspired me.... Then I remember Super Fly & Hue. These Pimps went a whole nutha way when it came to modding......

BettyK, ph2t, TallDude from down under came with the "electronic" side of Micro moddin.
Bio Hazzard & Ahh5shit, was next to impress the hell outta me.
3rd Generation Pimps came on the scene with a whole new groove, Hiroto, SWG, Yagbols, Hachi-ryoku, Maxximun Attack, sat4life27, ibjammin. These Pimps have done some Pimp Hall of Fame rides that will 4eva hang on the halls of DT Racing !!! (my mind)

So with this shot in the arm, I'll be hangin out here all lot more in the near future. Still buyin shit, now I just gotta find time to get to moddin again....

You Pimps check out the Galleries and go down memory lane, you'll see what I mean... 8-)
Ahhh shucks. :oops:

You have inspired me too, as well as everyone else you've listed. You know I'm more of a muscle car guy. All them lowered cars with body kits that I did were inspired by you and Sinned. A lot by Sinned, but when I saw you practicing his techniques, I couldn't let you show me up. :lol:

My friends and family tell me I'm an encyclopedia of useless information. I try my best not to let my knowledge of bits become useless.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

Well I'll just take my 1st in the micro world chops and go sulk then. :lol:
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

CaboWabo wrote:Well I'll just take my 1st in the micro world chops and go sulk then. :lol:
Ahhh, did we forget someone? Alright fine.

Chopping a Zip Zap body into some pimpin' bit sized convertible muscle. That's Cabo.

I copied him.

And so did DT.

Are we all better now?

Oh wait don't let me forget Payaso. The one that sparked my creativity in the first place. Got a picture of that hooptie? I haven't seen it in a while.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

Well I figured since we're naming 3rd generation bad-asses, we should at least name all the 1st generation bad-asses.
I've got another one or two 1st ever chops but...
It's all good though, we know what's up. :lol:
And payaso's hooptie totally should've won that TRC contest. :-o
And let's not forget noxorc, he was the ph2t around here before ph2t was around here. :-)
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

Everyone forgets the Hobbit, I know I'm small but am I that unimportant? :-D Yes I'm Joking.

I even chopped a ZZ body to a bit, OK not as well as your's but I tried.

I know I'm not in CD, DT or Sinned echelon but I did put out some weird ones.

Like a Skyline GT-W

And a Subie Outback Wagon

And a 60's Can-Am inspired car

And a Truck.
Sitting at my workbench in my comfortable little Hobbit hole.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

crazydave wrote:Oh wait don't let me forget Payaso. The one that sparked my creativity in the first place. Got a picture of that hooptie? I haven't seen it in a while.

:oops: I haven't put anything worth while out in so long, it feels like I never did..... :-(

I ain't out though. :razz:

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
KuZGuN
bitThug

Post by KuZGuN »

Lets remember Sinned the German guy dont pass him he makes a good bits also, german alloys ftw :) .
Bendensin ...
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

KuZGuN wrote:Lets remember Sinned the German guy dont pass him he makes a good bits also, german alloys ftw :) .
DarkTari wrote:I've been around quite a bit this week. Started lookin at all the pics for the Ol' Contests we used to have, remenisin of the good 'ol dayz of moddin. Man I remember when Miva kicked in for the 1st time in one of our Contest, then disappeared. I remember my 1st time seeing the works of Da Man, my idol "Sinned" !! Man dat dude inspired me to no end. Cavey appeared in rare form with some of the sickest paint jobs I've seen on a bit, he also inspired me.... Then I remember Super Fly & Hue. These Pimps went a whole nutha way when it came to modding. And let us not forget our HMFIC, Cabo ! Chopping up shit and comin away with Master Peices........
KuZGuN
bitThug

Post by KuZGuN »

Lol i ll miss that one :( Shame on me :)
Bendensin ...
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

Cool thing about Sinned, he didn't hoard info. He shared a very nice tuit on body modding tricks. Can't find the on here but this is what he posted on his home site..

http://549.rapidforum.com/topic=101684407319

And while goin back in time, I just remembered a modder that taught me how to effectively lower Bits....."DriveWRX" . Speakin of Slamm'd, 2 other modders come to mind: "Mr Freeze" & "Carbo" All of these guys rides were slamm'd !!!!!!
DriveWRX:
ImageImageImageImageImage

Mr Freeze:
ImageImageImage

Carbo:
ImageImage

Prof Farnesworth is another modder that did spectacular Bits.