Micro Zoomers Pajero Rally Car

General discussions, new info, and all stuff that's how you say, off the hook. Bit, ZZ, SE, MT, SS... as long as it's micro, it's here.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Micro Zoomers Pajero Rally Car

Post by sidewinder »

I was on ebay selling an old Cox Dragster I had, I decided not to sign in and see how easy it was to find my listing...because I get paranoid and figure the search function give priority to your own listings to fool you into thinking a lot of people can find your junk. Anyway, I found it, the search "Cox, Dragster, Racer" pulled up a bunch on non Cox related stuff. Right below my Dragster was a Micro Zoomer Mitsubishi Pajero rally car, 1/64 scale, it was a buy it now and the price was cheap...so I couldn't resist.

Well, it arrived today. It uses button cells, and has a cheesy remote that sort of looks like a cell phone. I expected it to be total crap...I was wrong. This is one of the better built clones I have seen, and I think it may be the fastest out of the box bit/zip/clone I have seen. It is nice and light and actually turns with a slightly tail out attitude, not really drifting, but as close as I've seen a bit get. There was only one other listed or I'd give you the link, but I'm about to go snag it. I did contact the seller and I asked if he would be getting more, he said he was pretty sure he would, he had ten and all but that last one sold withing two weeks...which I'm guessing is pretty quick for a micro. If he gets more and re-lists them I'll give everyone here a heads-up.

I don't have a video camera right now, but I took a bunch of pictures.

OK, Pictures:

The box:Image

The battery compartment with button cells included (plus three extra in the package):

A shaky shot of the remote:

The car:

I suppose you want to see inside too:
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
betty.k
bitPimp

Re: Micro Zoomers Pajero Rally Car

Post by betty.k »

i got one of those at our local kmart for $10 aud.

mine had a slightly deformed front tyre and the front tyres hit the chassis at full lock.

the wheels are the same size as microsizer/bcg fronts so i swapped the tyres out for hard fronts and soft rears. i chose this combo as the speed is nuts out of the box, it wants to throw itself into donuts with full grip all 'round.

to solve the tyres hitting the chassis prob i just chopped a couple of bits off the chassis to give more clearance.
pajero.JPG
the "cell phone" tx was a pain is the arse to use so i whipped out a microsizers 27mhz tx. forward/reverse was reversed so i just swapped the motor wires.

i also tried to tame it using a standard ms 1/3 aaa cell but it appears that there's not enough voltage to get it going so we'll have to make do with the stock blistering speed!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
i used to be cool
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

I've only tried it on a foam track so grip hasn't been a problem, but I was wondering how bad it would be on a regular floor. I didn't notice the rubbing, I'll bet that's why it's getting a pitching motion when turning.

I was thinking of trying to build the fastest zip/bit a while back...kind of a micro speed record. I'm thinking of playing with the gearing a little by switching the gears around, the problem has been no zip I have had the power to get moving once I did this...but this one might. Then a little streamlining...some additional weight reduction, maybe see if I can find a way to boost the power output of the Tx to add some range :???:

I'll have to try my microsizer transmitter...it sounds like it would be much easier to controll.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
Pork_Hunt
bitHood

Post by Pork_Hunt »

I whacked an Iwaver 02 suspension spring between two of the cells, really reigned it in...
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

now why didn't i think of that! :?
i used to be cool
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

I thought of taking one of the cells out but I was way too lazy to try, great idea...and follow through.