Micro Terrain Titans / Q-Steer

General discussions, new info, and all stuff that's how you say, off the hook. Bit, ZZ, SE, MT, SS... as long as it's micro, it's here.
PimpFloyd
bitGangsta'

Re: Micro Terrain Titans / Q-Steer

Post by PimpFloyd »

Raidentech has them - they call them Go-Karts!?

http://www.raidentech.com/toys-and-hobb ... -cars.html

$12.95...beats the Bay!

BTW - I ordered bits last year from Raidentech - no complaints the shipping was a wee bit stiff.
tyhodge07
bitThug

Post by tyhodge07 »

here are pics of the electronics and of it torn apart (not mine, and from this owner he says its not worth the money and not 1/52 more micro t size)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

Would make a nice body change for a micro t though :???:
tyhodge07
bitThug

Post by tyhodge07 »

Sporttracguy wrote:Would make a nice body change for a micro t though :???:
haha, thats the main reason why i want one, rework it some to remove the wing off the body and make a mold of it, than form up some lexan bodies :grin:

i already see the buggy i can picture after removing stuff. where the black sticker starts in front of the wing, cut all that off from the body back, the scoops would either need cut off or cut down alittle and moved forward. other than that, thats a perfect mold to work from.

i attached my first micro buggy i made, this was a mold of my own tho and in the pic nothing was screwed together, just taped (sorry to get offtopic from the bits)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kirbenvost
bitHood

Post by kirbenvost »

Hmm, so they're pretty much oversized, dual-cell bits? I dunno, sounds a little underwhelming. For the same performance I'll stick with a smaller scale.

Needs better turning on carpets and such to be worth it for me. Nice run time though.
tyhodge07
bitThug

Post by tyhodge07 »

kirbenvost wrote:Hmm, so they're pretty much oversized, dual-cell bits? I dunno, sounds a little underwhelming. For the same performance I'll stick with a smaller scale.

Needs better turning on carpets and such to be worth it for me. Nice run time though.
being the size of a micro t using 2 small cells for bats and a pager type motor for the driving and than magnetic steering, i could only imagin what fun it would be at 1/32-1/36 scale, at 1/52 as it says id see it performaning better, but not at this scale. ill steal me the body and other little things from it and trash the rest, lol
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Oh, if you do that sell me the rest cheap :mrgreen: I was thinking of a use for the running gear but I don't need the wing or body. :wink:
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

i found em for 26.95 locally and given the pissweak us dollar that's on par!

they're definately crying out for some hardcore modding.
i used to be cool
rcrally
bitThug

Post by rcrally »

tyhodge07
bitThug

Post by tyhodge07 »

went to another meijer today since the tt's are on sale til tomorrow for 9.99 in hope to find the hornet. well i had no luck and was actually lucky to get the one i got, lol.. out of 2 to choose from i went with the fox. pretty cool little car.
kirbenvost
bitHood

Post by kirbenvost »

Just thought I'd mention, these are on sale at Canadian TRU's for $12.97 right now, and I heard there was a Black Friday sale in the US as well.
tyhodge07
bitThug

Post by tyhodge07 »

i already got mine in pieces, is there an easy way to get the rims off the axels, ive tried turnin and pullin them off with no luck? should i just cut them off. im turning mine into a lowrider 1/64 scale, posibly figure out how to run another swich to raise it up in the rear and lower using gears? i know the q-steer's (i thikn thats the brand) you could mod another switch to the controller and run another function off the main pcb board in the car.
kirbenvost
bitHood

Post by kirbenvost »

You could try heating the axles with a soldering iron, should be able to get the wheels off that way. I'm guessing you're not trying to keep the rims? Only problem is it'll probably damage the gear... if you need to remove the rims but keep the gear, you may have to cut that rim.
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

tyhodge07
bitThug

Post by tyhodge07 »

lots of methods, lol.. im not so much for keepin the rims.. may just cut them off and save me the time.

on the steering part, i noticed i broke one of them coil wire's.. soldering it back on will do or is it a certain type of wire that will require more? i need to extend it some anyways but need to fix it also.