Again, another new idea

General discussions, new info, and all stuff that's how you say, off the hook. Bit, ZZ, SE, MT, SS... as long as it's micro, it's here.
eddy
bitHood

Again, another new idea

Post by eddy »

could you make wheels by taking PVC pipe with about the same diameter as a option D (import tuner) wheel and run coper wire through it to make spokes and have the little nub thingy cut out(where the axle goes) of the import tuner wheel and put it in the center? srry for the run on sentence.
If anyone wants a custom Avatar, PM me.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Re: Again, another new idea

Post by sidewinder »

I think you'd never get it round enough, just a little off and the thing would shake the car to death. But, what you could do is take one of the import tuner wheels and mount a dremel or drill securely in a workstation or vise and sand the rim down until it fits inside of the pvc tightly. If you keep your file or sandpaper straight then the wheel sould be round as long as you mount the inside flush with the tubing. Then, you could run wires through the new wheel lip, it wouldn't be true spokes, it would be more like chrome dish wires.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
eddy
bitHood

Post by eddy »

YOU LOST ME. If you mean the nub thingy where the axle goes, that is from a import tuner wheel. wtf do you mean by get it round enough?
If anyone wants a custom Avatar, PM me.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Ok, if you try to cut it down too far you'll never get things straight enough and the wheel will wobble. If you have all four wheels wobbling it will be uncontrollable.

So, if you mount the wheel in a dremel and sand it just enough to fit in the pvc then it should give you a better chance of being straight.

This is a really quick image but I think you will be able to see what I'm saying.Image

You could try to cut it, but I'd be willing to bet that it wont be straight. If you try it take off just enough to fit the pvc, and be sure it goes in straight.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand