What's the highest ammount of voltage a bit board can take

General discussions, new info, and all stuff that's how you say, off the hook. Bit, ZZ, SE, MT, SS... as long as it's micro, it's here.
eddy
bitHood

What's the highest ammount of voltage a bit board can take

Post by eddy »

What's the highest ammount of voltage a bit board can take? I would like to know because i have an Idea............................
If anyone wants a custom Avatar, PM me.
PimpFloyd
bitGangsta'

Re: What's the highest ammount of voltage a bit board can take

Post by PimpFloyd »

Someone else more experienced may need to chime in here but I think you would be pushing it after 5 volts...if you're thinking of a mega power source for your bit you would probably need to FET mod as well.

Searching tri-cell or quad cell may lead you to post about board regulation and board limitations volatge-wise - also may depend on the particular bit board you are using.

PF
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

That sounds about right, I know we have had a few successful tri-cell mods, I don't know of any quad-cell success stories. Crazydave had a 4.8v bit clone that was way, way overpowered.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3OjdM0zgA0[/youtube]
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

The FETs I use are rated at 20v and 4.2A. :???:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
eddy
bitHood

Post by eddy »

4.8v is overpowered? I was looking for 8-9v :grin: :grin: :grin:. If I use those FETs will the whole board take 20v or just the FETs? Don't worry, I love to overpower everything.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

eddy wrote:4.8v is overpowered? I was looking for 8-9v :grin: :grin: :grin:. If I use those FETs will the whole board take 20v or just the FETs? Don't worry, I love to overpower everything.
No don't do that. I was being a smart ass, since the question was basically answered. That is the max the FETs can take, there are other components on the board. Besides that being the max the FETs can take, they rate them at 5v for normal operation.

Years ago a guy at TinyRC gradually pumped more juice into the board, and it warmed at 7, and fried at 9. He felt you could get away with 7.2, I wouldn't recommend more than 6 max, but at this scale 4.8 is ridiculous, if you keep the power to weight ratio down with smaller cells, such as the Zip Zap batteries from the SE, Cars, and Transformer ones, or a 3.7 lipo stamp cell, such as you'd find in those tiny helicopters.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
eddy
bitHood

Post by eddy »

Don't worry. I will find a way to make 9v. I know about P/W thats why I plan on using quad celled 3.7v stamp LiPos. Kinda off topic but have you seen the HPI Savage flux Brushless? What about a micro one of those huh?