Crazydave Edition Jeep--new name "Mud Chipmunk"

General discussions, new info, and all stuff that's how you say, off the hook. Bit, ZZ, SE, MT, SS... as long as it's micro, it's here.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Crazydave Edition Jeep--new name "Mud Chipmunk"

Post by sidewinder »

I picked up a set of Legos wheels today and finaly found a use for my Transformers Barricade zip. Nothing fancy, I just out some room for the wheels and slapped on an old Jeep body that I had laying around. I have to find a better way to mount the body because it has to sit higher than stock to let the wheels turn, plus it looks better sitting higher. I may do some mods latter but for now I'm happy with everything except maybe paint???

I think maybe I should call this the Crazydave Edition (if you don't get it look at the back window) :-)

Last edited by sidewinder on Wed May 06, 2009 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
PimpFloyd
bitGangsta'

Re: Crazydave Edition Jeep

Post by PimpFloyd »

WOW! Those wheels look the part! Nice looking little Jeep too! I saw these at our local WM today during errands...I was surprised because our WM sucks - may have to pick some up :???:

PF
eddy
bitHood

Post by eddy »

Nice. Now all you need are some dual celled LiPo's
If anyone wants a custom Avatar, PM me.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

The lipo might be in this trucks future, I think it needs some nerf bars and a brush guard, and I need to find a tiny military style gas can to mount on the back. Maybe some roof lights :???:
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
eddy
bitHood

Post by eddy »

Good. I <3 LiPo batts. As for the lowering thing, make a vertical tab to support the horizontal tab so it makes an upside down L.
If anyone wants a custom Avatar, PM me.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

I was thinking of making a raised tab, but I may have another idea...if it works I'll post some pics. By the way, how do you charge the tiny lipos? It seems like the standard lipo chargers would overpower the tiny foil pack batteries.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

I was confused until I saw the last pics, because this is the crazydave edition jeep.

...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

I was going to call it something else until I saw that it still had the sticker on it, then I had no choice...but since there's already a CD Edition Jeep I'll work on a new name. Cool jeep BTW. :-o

I was thinking of cutting the roof off and doing a roll bar like that, very cool.
redrustbucket
bitGangsta'

Post by redrustbucket »

sidewinder wrote:By the way, how do you charge the tiny lipos? It seems like the standard lipo chargers would overpower the tiny foil pack batteries.
I just crank mine down and it works fine.
The devil made me do it the first time, the second time I done it on my own...
tlca # 14622
VooDooMafia
bitPimp

Post by VooDooMafia »

to be a true CD edition you need to send that body off to CD for a paint job :)

you know every pimp needs one of his custom jobs
I Don't care what you say PIMPIN aint easy, you Broke A$$ Mother F*&Ker
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

VooDooMafia wrote:to be a true CD edition you need to send that body off to CD for a paint job :)

you know every pimp needs one of his custom jobs
:-o
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

I'd love to have a CD body or three, I'm working on sourcing a F1 body that I will probably farm out to him, that's if I can find the stupid thing.

I was looking for a new name for this and the idea of the Crazy Dave Memorial Jeep came to mind but since he's still alive I may just have to call it Mud Rat or something (since I've been working on a tiny mud pit for it).
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

sidewinder wrote:I'd love to have a CD body or three, I'm working on sourcing a F1 body that I will probably farm out to him, that's if I can find the stupid thing.

I was looking for a new name for this and the idea of the Crazy Dave Memorial Jeep came to mind but since he's still alive I may just have to call it Mud Rat or something (since I've been working on a tiny mud pit for it).
I don't know if you noticed, but rats are a reoccurring theme with me.

For a mud pit, let me share something from my Stomper days. It is hard to get dirt the right consistency for small cars. Chocolate pudding and oatmeal made the perfect "scale" mud for Stompers.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
VooDooMafia
bitPimp

Post by VooDooMafia »

crazydave wrote: Chocolate pudding and oatmeal made the perfect "scale" mud for Stompers.
If I am not mistaken I have hard this from a number of the old timer pimps here, al though I am not sure we used this "mud" in the same way :shock:
I Don't care what you say PIMPIN aint easy, you Broke A$$ Mother F*&Ker
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

VooDooMafia wrote:
crazydave wrote: Chocolate pudding and oatmeal made the perfect "scale" mud for Stompers.
If I am not mistaken I have hard this from a number of the old timer pimps here, al though I am not sure we used this "mud" in the same way :shock:
I thought mud........ like