Q-steer

General discussions, new info, and all stuff that's how you say, off the hook. Bit, ZZ, SE, MT, SS... as long as it's micro, it's here.
MotorGong
bitNinja

Re: Q-steer

Post by MotorGong »

Ok, what about this Q-Steer polie car? It appears to have a motor with it, although the
ad isn't specific so I have no idea as to what it might be.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Q-STEER-Mazada-RX-7 ... 2a05619065

EDIT: ok, looks like theres a few that have the motor with it, but is that just the motor that comes with the car, uninstalled?
Then what about the cars that come with the drift axles and cones.
In the packaging, those items appear where the motor and gear does.
Does that mean the motor is already installed in those versions?
Can ya tell I don't have one yet? lol
BattleField 2 Stats
"Please not in the fire's neighborhood, heat, that place the spirit swim to play or take care of." ...LxxChar-G Instruction Manual
k0ld

Post by k0ld »

All cars are installed with their motors. Whatever motors or axles visible included in the package are extras. For full listing of all available QSteers:

http://www.takaratomy.co.jp/products/qsteer/

These are not available:
ImageImageImageImageImage

Would love to get my hands on these:
ImageImageImageImage
Last edited by k0ld on Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
z-beam
bitGangsta'

Post by z-beam »

i have a q-steer calsonic skyline, came in a set with racing corners and cones. ot did you mean not available on he website? i know the 2 beetles and the loctite are customs :) nice ones too!
k0ld

Post by k0ld »

Takara Tomy made some really nice Choro Q pullbacks, don't understand why they didn't use those on their Q Steers.
z-beam
bitGangsta'

Post by z-beam »

the last q-steers that were released got really good. the paintjob on the deep metallic red evo x is amazing.

there were plenty of race bodies over the years but the line kinda died out when the choro-q hybrid revamp was revealed.

now all choro-q hybrid cars are interchangable. you buy the control types to get a chassis and controller or the purrobakko (pullback) types for new bodies.

the paint on the first run of the hybrids isnt that great, but the performance is insane. if only someone could work out how to make a controller that had steps in between boost and no boost to make them a little more controllable id be stoked.
pulse the boost button maybe?
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

I like the Challenger, I didn't know they'd done one :???: I don't really need any more micros right now but that is tempting.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
k0ld

Post by k0ld »

Nah, the Challenger is a custom by some Japanese guy. All the pics before were of Choro Q bodies on Q steer chasis. I was looking forward to the Choro Q hybrids at first but now I'll just stick with the Q steers. I rather have better control over high speed. The Q Steers cheaper also, takes two chasis to customized into one to fit in the longer wheel base Choro Qs , like the Jeep, the two Skylines from the pics. I'm keeping them for long term, don't want to worry about leaky rechargeable batteries. Unless Takara starts making longer wheel base hybrid chasis, the only difference I see is the axles are wider than the Q steers.
rcrally
bitThug

Post by rcrally »

I have one. It is worth to buy.
MotorGong
bitNinja

Post by MotorGong »

gah! don't show me those kold, I haven't received my Q-Steers from HongKong yet!

lol j/k, man those look great. I had no idea a Dodge could look so cool in squished Q-Steer form.

I still must get a Choro Q Hybrid, z-beam you make em sound great, and although I don't collect micro r/cs per se, this is one I don't want to pass up. Along with the Q-Steers of course.

Hmm, perhaps the Hybrid controller is in need of an 'Anti-boost' modification.
I've successfully done this particular mod to 4 microsizer controllers, but just by reading the tutorial here.
In no way could I figure out how to do it on a controller that's built differently.
BattleField 2 Stats
"Please not in the fire's neighborhood, heat, that place the spirit swim to play or take care of." ...LxxChar-G Instruction Manual
rcrally
bitThug

Post by rcrally »

i m thinking should we make a switch for the controller?
MotorGong
bitNinja

Post by MotorGong »

rcrally wrote:i m thinking should we make a switch for the controller?
What type of switch? What will this switch do? Please elaborate.

EDIT: "....L-Steer!" badam..boom (crickets) tough crowd.
BattleField 2 Stats
rcrally
bitThug

Post by rcrally »

For save power. It does not come with power switch for the controller.