zzmt knuckle is broken :(

General discussions, new info, and all stuff that's how you say, off the hook. Bit, ZZ, SE, MT, SS... as long as it's micro, it's here.
rcrally
bitThug

zzmt knuckle is broken :(

Post by rcrally »

One of my zzmt's knuckle is broken. Gluing may not a good solution for this tiny area. is there any other way to fix it?
sidewinder
bitProphet

Re: zzmt knuckle is broken :(

Post by sidewinder »

Maybe, do you have a digital camera, or even a cell phone camera? It would be easier to figue out a fix if we could see how (where, which direction, etc.) it broke.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
rcrally
bitThug

Post by rcrally »

here is ..
i believe someday it will be broken again if just using glue.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Yeah, that's a bad spot, if it was the top it would be easier. If you still have the piece that brike off I think I'd try taking a piece os styrene (or other tough plastic) cutting it to fit inside of the knuckle with a little but stiking out, then before glueing it in place make a hole the size of the broken tab. Try get the tab to fit tightly in the hole and then superglue it in place, then when it's dry suprglue the new piece inside the knuckle. I hope that makes sense, I'm a little doped up on pain killers right now. :lol:
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
safetydang

Post by safetydang »

Dang Sounds like rcrally has a great idea! I would do what he said. Made sense to me
rcrally
bitThug

Post by rcrally »

thanks for reply. sounds easy to fix it.
It is caused by a child treat it as a ball.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

I had a 90lb German Shepherd that thought one of mine was a chew toy...it didn't survive.
safetydang

Post by safetydang »

You fix it yet? I bought a parts truck off ebay let me know if you want to buy a part.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Thanks but that one is long gone, it became a donor for another project.
safetydang

Post by safetydang »

OMG so newb.. i didn't read the post date.. sorry it was just at the top of the fourms :?