a few noob questions

General discussions, new info, and all stuff that's how you say, off the hook. Bit, ZZ, SE, MT, SS... as long as it's micro, it's here.
reaper
bitHood

a few noob questions

Post by reaper »

hey guys and gals
im a noob by my own admission to the 1/64 world
i have been lurking and reading this forum for around 2 weeks and carnt find a definitive answer to this , so any help would be appreciated :)
what is the max SAFE voltage each of the zz boards will take (gen1 se mt)
Smoke&Mirrors
bitGangsta'

Re: a few noob questions

Post by Smoke&Mirrors »

Well I don't know about each individual board, but here's a good starting point from a thread started a few weeks ago.

http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpFo ... 11&t=10385" target="_blank
Project Willy
ZZMT
-Articulation Mod
-288:1 Gear Ratio
-BB Steering Servo
-Extended Wheelbase
-Widened Axles
-Polaris ATV Tires
-Dean Plugs
-1:35 Scale Willy's Flatfender body
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

No gals here. We had one once, but we scared her off when everyone started paying too much attention. The jury is still out on betty.k. :???:

Anyways, I offered the info I had in the thread S&M just linked to. We haven't even been able to compile a comprehensive list of all the micros out there, because there is so many variations, much less the max voltage of each board. I thought I was obsessive possessing the knowledge I have of these little cars, but that would just be insane. :shock:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Betty K's a dude :shock: I guess I shouldn't have sent those pictures of my... er, oh never mind. :lol:
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
reaper
bitHood

Post by reaper »

thanks for the link chaps
i did read that thread a few days ago wile searching for the amswer to my question , i kinda dismissed it as it talked about bit boards not zipzap
but i take it the bit char-g and zipzaps are basicly the same

on a related topic , if the board will take 5v what motor would that be with as i persume a hotter motor would put more strain on the board than say a servo conversion due to the higher amp draw