TTTT it gets smaller.

General discussions, new info, and all stuff that's how you say, off the hook. Bit, ZZ, SE, MT, SS... as long as it's micro, it's here.
vwmicrosizer
bitGimp

TTTT it gets smaller.

Post by vwmicrosizer »

today my dad gave me $20 to ride my bike to fred meyer and get $20 worth battories. he said i could keep the change and he gave me $5. i was looking at model gluee. i turned around and i saw some of those cars mini adventures. i got an idea. :idea: i bought red the fire truck and a pull back trailer. my first idea was to take out the motor and put it in red. but the motor had tires that didnt have enough grip. so i thought about the TTTT trucks .these r about the same size as a q steer. does anybody no of a circuit board that will fit that is not infa red? the truck is in project at the time.
Last edited by vwmicrosizer on Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eddy
bitHood

Re: TTTT it gets smaller.

Post by eddy »

You can find micro rc airplane receivers really small. Good luck finding one under 100$ (TX included)
If anyone wants a custom Avatar, PM me.
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

Uh no, all of the the "Table Top Trial Trucks" are 1/87. In railroad speak, that's HO scale.

There are a few projects floating around that are 1/35 scale which were inspired by TTTT rigs and use Millitary Models, not much of anything is 1/32 because nobody makes models that scale.

Good luck on your project! Can't wait to see it. But a TTTT it is not.
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
vwmicrosizer
bitGimp

Post by vwmicrosizer »

frizzen wrote:Uh no, all of the the "Table Top Trial Trucks" are 1/87. In railroad speak, that's HO scale.

There are a few projects floating around that are 1/35 scale which were inspired by TTTT rigs and use Millitary Models, not much of anything is 1/32 because nobody makes models that scale.

Good luck on your project! Can't wait to see it. But a TTTT it is not.
i said that allot af TTT are 1/32. mine is the size of a q steer.
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

"all of the the "Table Top Trial Trucks" are 1/87"

:?
vwmicrosizer
bitGimp

Post by vwmicrosizer »

ynad wrote:"all of the the "Table Top Trial Trucks" are 1/87"

:?
oh. cuz on other fourums that im on theres alot ot threads on 1/32 and 1/36
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

TTTT had originally started as HO diorama display trucks, made into functional RC vehicles. Dioramas are typically built on top of a table...... :eek:

The other forums probably say that, because an RC can drive on a table - it must be a TTTT! = BS.

That is as wrong as the scale4x4rc website and a few manufacturors classifying 1/18 scale rc as "micro".
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

Ok, maybe I'm just using the old definition... 1/87 or smaller, scale look, can play all day on a small tabletop diorama of a Truck Trial course.
All I know is my 1/35 build, though as close to scale as I can manage, is NOT going to be a TTTT. A Table Top Trial course at that scale goes a bit huge for any "table". Short of making a diorama bigger than a sheet of 4x8' I don't really see it happening. Then next thing you know, an Xmod with a model body is considered a TTTT, or if I Dig my 1/10 rock crawler could play on a table...

Anyway, sorry for the hijack. How's the build going?
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
vwmicrosizer
bitGimp

Post by vwmicrosizer »

the build is goingg slow at the time cuz im making hot wheels hoppers. but i have rubber tires the front can stear. i have the motor and gears mounted. all i need is a mini circuit boart. i might strip 1 out from a small stunt car.