new zip zaps/micro xmods

General discussions, new info, and all stuff that's how you say, off the hook. Bit, ZZ, SE, MT, SS... as long as it's micro, it's here.
vwmicrosizer
bitGimp

new zip zaps/micro xmods

Post by vwmicrosizer »

The other day i was at radio shack and my friend and i were buying parts for our xmods and we spotted these micro xmods is what they called them.there tecnicoly more realistic zip zaps. There was the nissan gtr and the mitsubishi evo 8. I checked the RS website and there not up yet. these look really realistic. I was short on cash so i coudnt get one. Anybody else know about these? :grin:
sidewinder
bitProphet

Re: new zip zaps/micro xmods

Post by sidewinder »

Too lazy to type it so I copied this from wikipedia.
RadioShack relaunched the ZipZaps Micro RC line under the XMODS banner on October 2008. Aside from the new labels that bear the XMODS Micro RC logo, the packaging is similar to the ZipZaps line. The cars use the traditional box-type controller, as opposed to the gun-type controller of the ZipZaps SE line. Current models include the following:

1959 Chevrolet Corvette[6]

* Red

1967 Chevrolet Camaro SS[7]

* Blue

2009 Nissan GT-R

* Silver

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X
They are less mod-able but pretty good straight out of the box. The motor is hard wired but it really doesn't need changed anyway.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

:???:

Wow, good find dude. What colors?
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
vwmicrosizer
bitGimp

Post by vwmicrosizer »

the nissan gtr is silver and the mitsubishi evo x is red.
MotorGong
bitNinja

Post by MotorGong »

I totally missed out on these. Came and gone. Every Radio Shack I visited said
they came during the christmas season, flew off the shelf, and that's that.
So what's up, did anyone get one? Please do tell.
BattleField 2 Stats
"Please not in the fire's neighborhood, heat, that place the spirit swim to play or take care of." ...LxxChar-G Instruction Manual
PimpFloyd
bitGangsta'

Post by PimpFloyd »

I bought the GTR and like it! Completely different chassis, very scale looking, working head lights :-o

I was down south last week on business and saw a few of both at an RS in MS...I should have picked up the Evo...

I was gonna do a review on the GTR for the forum but I just haven't had time lately. Too busy at work and on the road and I'm starting to spend a fair amount of time getting 1/10 trucks ready for battle - think wet muddy spring :-D
MotorGong
bitNinja

Post by MotorGong »

Hey cool, sounds good, I'd love to see a review.
I see a few pop up here and there on the ebay action, so if you like it enough maybe I'll grab one.
BattleField 2 Stats
"Please not in the fire's neighborhood, heat, that place the spirit swim to play or take care of." ...LxxChar-G Instruction Manual