X-trek pro glitch. any solution?

General discussions, new info, and all stuff that's how you say, off the hook. Bit, ZZ, SE, MT, SS... as long as it's micro, it's here.
rcrally
bitThug

X-trek pro glitch. any solution?

Post by rcrally »

I just got two X-trek pro r/c. They always lost control. Especially two cars run together. They sometimes run backward when the trigger is at stop position. And it doesn't move when push the trigger ..etc. I am sure 2 cars and controllers are set to different bands. Also I found out if just one car runs alone and keeps a low constant speed. it can run better. Anyone has good solution?

The red light from controller keeps to flash when charging and finished charging. It means low battery?
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Re: X-trek pro glitch. any solution?

Post by ibjamn »

sorry dude... I know nothing about those.
But, are you sure you have good batteries in the charger/controller?
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

Not sure what the fix is, I have a few of them as well and they are glitchy as hell if they get out of range. Wouldnt be so bad if the range wasnt 3 feet. :o

STG
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

Maybe do a continuity test on the car's antenna?
rcrally
bitThug

Post by rcrally »

The battery is fine. it can runs about 5 mins on the table with slow speed. If there is just one car running alone with constant slow speed. 97% is
under control. I usually play them on the table or bed within 4 feet. so the range is not a problem for me. This car is not bad but just electronic stuff problem. I 'd do some more test later.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

I haven't had one of these apart but if they are propo maybe they have an adjustable pot? It could just be set wrong from the factory.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

Do some searching, in these forums and on Google about these XTrek Pro cars. General consensus is they're basically crap when it comes to glitches and such issues. I've got 5 of them and they ALL have their issues; Glitching, bad response, etc...

1 thing will say though is that the XTrek Pro Tracks are EXCELLENT for this scale! The fact that Toys-R-Us are clearing these things out ($5 for the expansion tracks and $10 for the cars) too and MAN you can seriously stock up on the tracks (which I have). Bits and Zips are great on these.
bitThug

Post by rcrally »

What is the size of this track? If I buy 2, can they combine together into 1 track? And there re 2 style tracks. which one is better?
Smoke&Mirrors
bitGangsta'

Post by Smoke&Mirrors »

I just recently spent some time under a hot soldering iron working with one of these boards. My controller blinks red too when it is on constantly. I'm pretty sure it means low batteries since I've had mine in there for a while. Replacing those will at least give you the greatest potential for good reception. If you brave you can try soldering on a better antenna. I tried steel wire for guitars, some special size, and it's worked pretty well on other cars I've used it on, but on the X-Trek it doesn't seem to work well. I'm going to try finding some thin copper wire at my local shop or the next time I run to my pop's house. I'll let you know if that works.

Battery life is good and once you adjust the trim I find these to be pretty fun. I think I lucked out with the Ferrari I got because it has decent reception and pretty equal throw for left and right so it turns alright. It's the fastest micro I have that size, it's propo, because of it's high ground clearance I can run it outside easy. And for $10, why not by 2 or 5.... :roll:
Project Willy
ZZMT
-Articulation Mod
-288:1 Gear Ratio
-BB Steering Servo
-Extended Wheelbase
-Widened Axles
-Polaris ATV Tires
-Dean Plugs
-1:35 Scale Willy's Flatfender body
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

I got one of the track sets with the two cars but it's still sitting unopened. I plan on building a landscape for the track to sit in like the train people do. Anyway, if the cars are still being cleared out for $10 I may have to pick up a couple more just so, that when i do get this project underway, I have parts cars. Oh and rcrally, yeah, the track snaps together like slot tracks so you can combine tracks.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

So they're cheap enough to be worth buying now?

Did we ever figure out the patch for twitchy steering?
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
rcrally
bitThug

Post by rcrally »

If you found out your car loss control, u can ...
1. change a set new AA battery for controller
2. move to another room to play where has less interference.