a couple of the 3 dollar ones

General discussions, new info, and all stuff that's how you say, off the hook. Bit, ZZ, SE, MT, SS... as long as it's micro, it's here.
tyhodge07
bitThug

a couple of the 3 dollar ones

Post by tyhodge07 »

these are the ones i got for christmas knowing i was gettin them. but these were on sale on black friday for 3 bucks and my mom grabbed alot of these, but here is some pics of the car and the truck. not of all of them ofcourse. but over all they are not to bad and pretty fun to ride around. i got mod ideas maybe ill get to them sometime

rcrally
bitThug

Re: a couple of the 3 dollar ones

Post by rcrally »

I have one ugly yellow truck too. but it looks much better in your pic. anyway where did u get it?
tyhodge07
bitThug

Post by tyhodge07 »

these were all from menards, a hardware store.
i think the cars are built alot better and nicer than the trucks are. im messing with lowering the body but i want to form the stock body to make it alittle more lighter and give me more room to lower the body.
rcrally
bitThug

Post by rcrally »

wanna get some but no menards store near to my area :cry:
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

Looks like you got started on a nice collection of modded cars. Now just gotta let the magic happen.

rcrally I think you're being kinda harsh.
http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpFo ... =charge+go
I think the yellow truck looks pretty decent... (see page 3)

And the man with the impressive wingspan thinks they can look cool.
http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpFo ... =charge+go

Try a Walgreens, it's been the traditional USA source of Charge-N-Go.
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
tyhodge07
bitThug

Post by tyhodge07 »

i didnt see any at the last walgreens i went to a few weeks ago. i always look at the toys section everywhere i go, lol..

im getting idea's from them links, never realized they have been out this long or maybe just never paid any attention.
tyhodge07
bitThug

Post by tyhodge07 »

has anyone messed with using different bodies on these, mainly the car?
rcrally
bitThug

Post by rcrally »

frizzen your truck looks so cool with nice painting. I feel the stock body looks so dumb
I have no paint and can't make the stock body looks better.so I just mount zzmt body on.
Image 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
Last edited by rcrally on Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:44 am, edited 5 times in total.
tyhodge07
bitThug

Post by tyhodge07 »

them bodies look alot better.

i got 3 or 4 trucks and the rest are cars, the blue one and red one. got like 8 or 9 of these and the bodies just have not grown on me and i def do not have any other bodies like the zzmt's to switch out with. but them 2 look alot better now ;)
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

I *REALLY* like the looks of the ZZ bodies on this chassis! The bigfoot makes me think of the Tamiya Highlift F-350.

All I'd done to my yellow truck body like you have was:
Relocate rollbar (drill 4 holes, shave the raised areas in bed where it used to mount, then I made bed black to hide the old holes),
Open wheelwells (knife for rough cut, dremel large sanding drum for getting it round),
Color front end (headlights silver or white, throw a little black or orange at the outboard recesses in bumper, black where the winch would live - Sharpies work well enough if you don't have paint) .
It's subtle stuff, which got me to that point, but you can see how fast it changed the truck because I didn't touch the stock yellow and silver paint, yet you think my paint looks better. :wink: Oh and there was a spare tire, but you don't really need one.

Now, on the wagon I'd pull off the front end, do a little file work so that it can be tucked farther back into the body. You trim the support lugs off the body pins, and contour the header panel behind the headlights to match the fender. This lets you bring it in about 0.080" before you have to start worrying too much about trimming too far. (I just did one while making the post so I'd remember what to tell you)
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
rcrally
bitThug

Post by rcrally »

yes I really like the scale of the wheel for this f-350. some oversized bigfoot wheel make me think of toy i dont really like them but they are always good for off road.
u have great ideas for mod your truck. very nice. i'd do the same soon. where is the extra wheel from? it would looks better if l lower body a bit.
Sqwalerrr
bitPlaya'

Post by Sqwalerrr »

Oh wow, that looks really nice! :eek:

i am now inspired to build one of my own...
SHORT COURSE, i must make one :shock:
sigh but that means i have to drive to menards... sigh lazzyness :-(
hello world! Prepare for the gayness
bitGangsta'

Post by PimpFloyd »

I bought a couple of these trucks awhile ago - I should of bought more when they were marked down, they're pretty much wiped out now and the price is back up to 7.99 :smile:

Anyway - today I bought a Audley "Race Tin" 1/24th scale non-propo car at the local hobby shop. I wanted the controller because it was a cheap hackable 27MHz controller but looks like a typical ground vehicle type controller with the steering wheel and trigger.

As it turns out, the frequency for the TX is 27.145MHz which happens to be the same frequency my Menards trucks are so I didn't have to hack at all to get a more comfortable controller for some of my bits.

BTW - nice job on the mods Frizz, I have that body too so your work is inspirational!

PF
rcrally
bitThug

Post by rcrally »

I have just finished the dual cell mod. Now it can be charged and controlled by zzmt transmitter. :-o

It can run for 5 mins after take about 1 min to charge. I noticed the rear wheels axle will usually comes off once it drop on the floor from the table. What about yours?
vwmicrosizer
bitGimp

Post by vwmicrosizer »

man im going to try and track down some of these at a walgreens