a couple of the 3 dollar ones

General discussions, new info, and all stuff that's how you say, off the hook. Bit, ZZ, SE, MT, SS... as long as it's micro, it's here.
tyhodge07
bitThug

Re: a couple of the 3 dollar ones

Post by tyhodge07 »

other than the decals and paintin the stuff blue on the hood and bed work i cant see anything different.. i even have one sittin in front of me, lol..

i did get a back bumper added from a regal revell car.. looks pretty good, best look i found of what i had.. i need to get pics up, hopefully i will later on.
tyhodge07
bitThug

Post by tyhodge07 »

heres more pics of some of mine and than the truck ive been workin on. the hole in the roof from where the lights were will be filled in eventually, than whole truck repainted.

rcrally
bitThug

Post by rcrally »

That's cool !! good match color. It really looks like stock bumper. Those cars have very nice appearance. I also have two clone of plain color bit lying idle.

I added a rear window and trimmed the tail lights. Don't u see? :mrgreen:

..... I wonder this truck is Toyota Hilux. :???: Lets me find a Toyota sticker for it
Rheinholdt

Post by Rheinholdt »

Hi All,

Was dubious at first but picked up one of the yellow "Suburban?" types at Bi-Mart, a local chain, who had them marked down to $5.

After unpacking and running I was warming up to it even though, as someone stated, they are pretty slippery (drifty?) handling on hard wood floors. Sure spooked my buddies cat!! These appear to be faster than a stock Zip? I've not compared them yet to see if that's so. Definitely faster than the MTs.

Picked up another for my RC buddy and plan to go get a couple of the pickups in the other frequency so we can race.

Rather than modifying the existing bodies I have a good stock of extra Zip trucks, etc..., and am thinking of trying an Escalade and others on them. I need to get some more AA batteries so I can try them out in my asphalt parking lot. I also have some different wheels/tires to play around with and have been wanting to pick up some Lego wheels/tires. I have some gearboxes from some Dollar Store pull-back cars that might work to slow them down for better off road performance.

The short antenna seems to limit the range? but that may be just my impression until I can try it outside.

Anyway, it is fun and am happy to add them to the fleet.

Respectfully, Rhein.
nosce teipsum
tyhodge07
bitThug

Post by tyhodge07 »

all mine are different freq and about every 2 cars will control another car, basically i can use 2 controllers and drive all the ones i have bein on different freq's.
rcrally
bitThug

Post by rcrally »

I wonder which part or component decided the freq on the truck's pcb ? :roll: i don't see any crystal on it.

----------

My new make
tyhodge07
bitThug

Post by tyhodge07 »

i like that body.. ill trade you my truck body for it :lol:
Rheinholdt

Post by Rheinholdt »

Yo, RCR,

It's so cool how well the Zip bodies fit those chassis. Looks really good with that Ram. Got to dig mine out and start swapping things around!

Has anyone tried them out in the elements yet? I'm wondering how well they'll stand up to running out on my wet parking lot. I imagine the external gearing won't like mud and grit any more than the Zipz.

Maybe I better get a couple more while they are still available?!

Respectfully, Rhein.
nosce teipsum
PimpFloyd
bitGangsta'

Post by PimpFloyd »

I tried mine in the snow last night but these are so fast, it lost traction alot and would get hung up.

I wasn't in the yard with it BTW LOL! Just on the cement patio below our deck, bare cement and some scattered hard-pack after shoveling.

Also, it hated the cold as much as I did - it was a short test :-)
rcrally
bitThug

Post by rcrally »

Play them on high traction surface like carpet or bed. Lot of fun.
Rheinholdt

Post by Rheinholdt »

Yo' Doodz (and Doodettez),

I just scored a couple of the pick-ups. One for me and one for my buddy. Yellow was all they had so that was it. Good that I have lots of Zipz bodz. We each now have both frequencies. Going to check the farther away Bi-Marts to see if there are more. I would like more than two just in case. Will try for some pics when I can.

Respectfully, Rhein.
nosce teipsum
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

RCRally, It uses a tuning coil instead of a crystal. The short answer is: No, it's not worth it. The circuit is not very selective, so the chance of tuning one to the lowest 27mhz channel and another to the highest 27mhz channel, and not having them both controlled by either one isn't very good. Same with 49mhz.

But, there may have been some Grey-market bullet clones that don't have an FCC approval and come into the country on illegal freqs... Which opens up the available frequencies to something like 27, 35, 40, 49mhz... Blah blah blah, I'm not recommending this, blah blah, responsibility for following all federal regulations lies with you, blah blah, even at this low of power output it's still bad...
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
rcrally
bitThug

Post by rcrally »

frizzen, ok thanks for telling me but I would like to know the tuning coil is interchangeable like we usually doing for crystal? Does 27 and 49 channel pcb are the same other than their crystal or tuning coil component?
And I found out something strange when I was doing the dual cell mod. I have two 27mhz zzmt transmitters. They are both work well for my zzmt. But one of zzmt transmitters works for 3 ways directions only to the mini truck. it has no forward but has a little bit shake. that is unexplainable.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

frizzen wrote:
But, there may have been some Grey-market bullet clones that don't have an FCC approval and come into the country on illegal freqs... Which opens up the available frequencies to something like 27, 35, 40, 49mhz... Blah blah blah, I'm not recommending this, blah blah, responsibility for following all federal regulations lies with you, blah blah, even at this low of power output it's still bad...
Yes, it would be a criminal offense, and no one here would ever recommend looking someplace like here http://cgi.ebay.com/MICRO-RC-RACING-CAR ... 27ae7b2a0a and requesting either the 35 or 40mhz car for use in the United States. That would be irresponsible and might cause men in black suits to probe you. :sad: So, whatever you do, don't look here either http://www.microrccars.net/G/index.htm.

Sorry Frizzen, but I couldn't resist sticking it to the man...albeit on a micro scale. This is exactly why I should be required to have adult supervision at all times.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
rcrally
bitThug

Post by rcrally »

Some r/c cars have reception problem. I just wonder it can be fixed by changing pcb or tuning coil from another.